Map name : Vertigo-Jump
Map creator : Kirill "TristamK" Kolesnikov
Build version : r10
Date of start creating : 03-12-2013
Last ver. date : 24-09-2013
Links :
download/file.php?id=7654
About map
Maybe time for new map ?) Here you can see my new map with "glass" and "alpha" combination. Plus i spent some time with shader settings. Just look on screens and try this map
Attachments
vertigo-jump_v1.0.zip
(270.38 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
screenshot.0445.jpg
screenshot.0443.jpg
screenshot.0439.jpg
screenshot.0437.jpg
Last edited by TristamK on 07 Dec 2013, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad English. Sometimes i use google translator.
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Re: [MAP] Vertigo-Jump

Postby BioHazardX » 06 Dec 2013, 20:51

It reminds me of Tetris or Qbert from the screens. I'll test it.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Ulukai » 08 Dec 2013, 10:14

Like always I was very keen to try your new map and once again I'm pleasantly surprised. I like its look, the challenges and there are enough checkpoints. You also made very clear where to go with arrows on the wall, BUT it's very annoying that you can't see clearly where the glass is. The first minute I was trying to jump through the blue parts because there is no shader / reflechtion / specscale on it. It's just a tad darker than other places and when you shoot at it you see bullet holes, but it should be way more obvious that it's glass just by looking at it. You're supposed to be able to run a fast lap on it, so hindrances should be clear.

Besides that, I absolutely love it.
Ulukai

Postby TristamK » 08 Dec 2013, 11:23

Ulukai {l Wrote}:The first minute I was trying to jump through the blue parts because there is no shader / reflechtion / specscale on it. It's just a tad darker than other places and when you shoot at it you see bullet holes, but it should be way more obvious that it's glass just by looking at it.

At this moment i didn't find a good way to fix it. I tried perform operations with envmap and color of glass but this don't help.
Ulukai {l Wrote}:Besides that, I absolutely love it.

Nice to see that my work is still interested to someone ^_^
At this moment i have 70+ updated maps for next map pack and i think 10+ maps for uploading it to forum
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby Ulukai » 08 Dec 2013, 21:49

Maybe just another alpha texture instead of glass material could fix it. Try one of the desat texture set and use a low value of specmap, I'm sure it could fix the problem.
Ulukai

Postby TristamK » 09 Dec 2013, 10:16

Ulukai {l Wrote}:Maybe just another alpha texture instead of glass material could fix it. Try one of the desat texture set and use a low value of specmap, I'm sure it could fix the problem.

Yes, but then there will be another problem. Through one alpha material another alpha material which is behind him will not be visible.
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby qreeves » 09 Dec 2013, 10:49

/valpha [front] [back]
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby TristamK » 09 Dec 2013, 11:59

qreeves {l Wrote}:/valpha [front] [back]

Hmm, I didn't know that this variable has 2 arguments.
This a helpful thing but it didn't work here

Ulukai, what about this changes ?
Attachments
vertigo-jump_v1.1.zip
(303.03 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby bonifarz » 11 Dec 2013, 15:47

Great to see you back in action, TristamK!
This map here is a very nice concept, and I think you will create some great looking maps in the near future, using similar techniques as here, but with a smaller set of color tones. (Affluence is great example for a narrow color theme that builds up a dense and consistent environment.) Also, I do like the flow here, although visibility issues tend to break that, as discussed above. And once again quin provides invaluable help with just a short one liner ;)
bonifarz

Postby Ulukai » 11 Dec 2013, 16:11

I tried version 1.1 and while it's better I still think it could be improved because besides the arrows at the first 2 hindrances, nothing much seems to be changed. From reading bonifarz's reaction I think I'm not the only one wishing for better visibility ;)
Ulukai

Postby gynter » 13 Dec 2013, 18:35

Nice map, I put it to the tiralmaps of the Time Trial Server.

Can You change the facing of the spawnpoint (image 3)? It's quite annoying if spawnpoint isn't in the direction of the path. Also, this map is quite hard to navigate with low graphic settings, hard to see the holes with yellow border.
Attachments
20131213191641.png
20131213191632.png
20131213191509.png
gynter

Postby TristamK » 18 Dec 2013, 12:06

Update :
-Used second /valpha argument
-Start checkpoint fixed
-Some minor changes

gynter, thanks for time-trial server :D
Well, about low graphic settings. Yes, before posting something to forum i always test map with high and low settings but i never set settings so low o_0 . On this map i can just delete alpha material everywhere but it will be isn't good way.
Attachments
vertigo-jump_v1.1.5.zip
(287.5 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
My youtube chanel
TristamK