ANIMATION crouch walkforward

Re: ANIMATION crouch walkforward

Postby Sniper-Goth » 16 Oct 2013, 17:23

Ulukai {l Wrote}:What the hell... you serious? o.O I don't even know how you get your game to look like that? :p
It's actually a nice cartoonish look and it reminds me of warsow a little... But I don't think about playing like that :)

When i set the game to be like that, things are going to get VERY serious.
/texreduce 12
/firstpersonmodel 0
/fov 130
Mouse sensivity 35 :)

It's how pro players play Quake 3. And it makes it extremelly easy to hit people.
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth

Postby ballist1c » 16 Oct 2013, 21:28

Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:
Ulukai {l Wrote}:What the hell... you serious? o.O I don't even know how you get your game to look like that? :p
It's actually a nice cartoonish look and it reminds me of warsow a little... But I don't think about playing like that :)

When i set the game to be like that, things are going to get VERY serious.
/texreduce 12
/firstpersonmodel 0
/fov 130
Mouse sensivity 35 :)

It's how pro players play Quake 3. And it makes it extremelly easy to hit people.

i've used picmip and fullbrightmodels for a while - they are common settings all across semi-competitive/competitive gaming everywhere. (note that texreduce needs to be turned off for editmode, and requires a restart of the video rendering)

Simplified graphics don't neccesarily make it easier to hit people - it's all a matter of your own abilities and tastes. In general it does increase your visibility, but if those settings make things too ugly for you and don't help your accuracy all that much, then it's a waste.

@Ulukai maybe a little, but warsow's cel shaders are definitely the highlight of it's graphic style and they make a big difference even at high picmip - you won't see the same black outlines of geometry in this engine
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby qreeves » 17 Oct 2013, 02:42

IIRC: /addpostfx rotoscope X Y
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves