Vanity item, Cyclops/Visor

Vanity item, Cyclops/Visor

Postby Rabidbutton » 22 Sep 2013, 19:42

Yes as the subject suggests I have no clue what to call this item, here's a preview:

20130923170437.png

20130923191652.png

Update: converted to iqm format...configuration for "tag_glasses" type added
misc.zip
(38.85 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by Rabidbutton on 23 Sep 2013, 08:36, edited 9 times in total.
Rabidbutton

Re: Vanity item, Cyclops/Visor

Postby Julius » 22 Sep 2013, 21:12

Ahh one of the few vanity items with actually don't look totally out of place. Nice work!
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Ulukai » 23 Sep 2013, 10:39

Yeah, a vanity item on the face which is a bit more sci-fi would be nice. It looks like a giant lamp right now because it has a big white surface, maybe some more detail could help distinguishing what it really is? ;-)
On another note, a Predator-like shoulder canon with 3 red dots would look cool as well :D
Ulukai

Postby BioHazardX » 23 Sep 2013, 19:24

Nice model, but you should improve a little the glass of the visor to make it cooler. It's too white.

Between, I want a gasmask vanity item like this:

SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Rabidbutton » 24 Sep 2013, 05:35

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:Nice model, but you should improve a little the glass of the visor to make it cooler. It's too white.

Yeah I think this is where the problem comes from, it actually does have more of a pattern on the diffuse texture sheet but the green in the mask texture added too much brightness and covered it up, I will try to fix it, Thanks.

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:Between, I want a gasmask vanity item like this:

Haha, yes that would be cool, one question that comes to mind though is would the player model's suit really need an additional gas mask for protection?
Last edited by Rabidbutton on 24 Sep 2013, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
Rabidbutton

Postby Rabidbutton » 24 Sep 2013, 06:44

so, I couldn't bring the details that were on the texture out very well in the game unfortunately, most other lights actually go through the same process when the glow is applied, it's just that this is a rather large surface on the player so it does look quite spacious...however this does bring another variation onto the table, what do you think of something like this?
20130924172357.png

[Edit] I just want to point out that the giant white panel came across as the idea was originally meant to, like one giant eye on the player model, losses in detail were unfortunate but I guess that's just how it goes :)
Rabidbutton

Postby BioHazardX » 24 Sep 2013, 19:40

Now it's better.
But...from the screen I can see that the eyes of the playermodel are visible, there's no meaning if the model has one big cyclopean laser-eye with other two eyes... You should hide them (maybe adding a belt across the visor?).

Haha, yes that would be cool, one question that comes to mind though is would the player model's suit really need an additional gas mask for protection?

In my opinion, yes ;) it might be my favourite vanity item.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Rabidbutton » 25 Sep 2013, 07:43

Well, like I said up top about not knowing what to call it, it's not a Cyclops because of the other two eyes, originally I was going to put parts on the sides to cover them up, but decided not to, it would add more triangles and make the texture appear lower resolution, there's not much I can do about it now because everything is complete, it would basically require starting over...
Rabidbutton

Postby Julius » 25 Sep 2013, 18:53

Hmm... I liked the version with the big white middle much more. It seemed like a small simple change that gave the model a fully new look even at a distance, while now most people will probably not even notice that the vanity item is activated when not very close up.
Julius
Community Moderator