[MAP] Pressure v3

[MAP] Pressure v3

Postby Unnamed » 20 Jul 2013, 16:07

This is a underwater map. It got a bit huge. Well, I have nothing to do atm.
10 - 14 players, ffa/team DM, CTF, DTF, gauntlet.
There are many small corridors and a way underwater between alpha and omega base.

update: v3
-fixed glitches
-changed rocket location for BB and DTF

update: v2
I haven't changed much.
-added envmap ent in the central room and replaced the glass material on the top with alpha (with reflections it doesn't looked good)
-added blinking textures/models on top of the roofs of some complexes
-small geometry changes at the windows of the alpha and omega bases to fix a bug
Attachments
pressure_v3.zip
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 303 times
screenshot.0045.jpg
The map from above.
screenshot.0046.jpg
screenshot.0039.jpg
way underwater between alpha and omega base
Last edited by Unnamed on 15 Aug 2013, 15:07, edited 4 times in total.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Pressure

Postby Ulukai » 22 Jul 2013, 10:54

I like your second screenshot. An underwater map would be awesome and lots of users have requested one already before. I'm not sure how it will turn out when it is huge. All the water can give you too much freedom to swim around, which could lead to looking for players to shoot at instead of the fast gameplay we're used to. But I still have to test it, so I can't speak for this map in particular. Some underwater passages would be very nice to complement the water.
Ulukai

Postby Ulukai » 05 Aug 2013, 11:56

I found some more time to take a decent look at your map and I'm really really impressed with this one. I definitely would love to see this one in the next official release because it's so unique and has this real RE feel all over it.

Texturing is very nice, lighting is excellent and that unique underwater feel is amazing! I love how you combined tunnels, complexes and underwater areas.
One suggestion I would like to make is a couple of blinking lights on top of the roofs of the complexes (on the antennas for example). Other than that, I have nothing more to add.

Epic work...
Ulukai

Postby Unnamed » 05 Aug 2013, 14:17

sounds better than expected :D
I'll add the blinking lights and I think there should be some more details in the central room.
I thought about making the corridors in the middle area a bit wider. Would it be better for insta?
Unnamed

Postby Ulukai » 05 Aug 2013, 14:59

Unnamed {l Wrote}:sounds better than expected :D
I'll add the blinking lights and I think there should be some more details in the central room.
I thought about making the corridors in the middle area a bit wider. Would it be better for insta?

The central room (the round one) is already the place that taxes your computer the most, I would leave it as it is tbh. There is a flag and it will attract enough players and action so you might want to avoid making it any resource-heavier.
The corridors are good enough for me, they are not that long and insta is overrated anyway :p
Ulukai

Re: [MAP] Pressure v2

Postby Unnamed » 12 Aug 2013, 17:07

v2 released

I noticed these water surfaces underwater (?!) outside the central room. Any idea how I can remove them?
Attachments
screenshot.0151.jpg
Unnamed

Postby TristamK » 12 Aug 2013, 18:06

Unnamed {l Wrote}:I noticed these water surfaces underwater (?!) outside the central room. Any idea how I can remove them?

I didn't find where this error on your map. But you can place water material here.
Sorry for my bad English. Sometimes i use google translator.
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby greaserpirate » 12 Aug 2013, 18:18

TristamK {l Wrote}:
Unnamed {l Wrote}:I noticed these water surfaces underwater (?!) outside the central room. Any idea how I can remove them?

I didn't find where this error on your map. But you can place water material here.

But they're already surrounded by water.

My uneducated) advice is to use a smaller gridsize, make air inside and water outside and keep repeating with smaller gridsizes until either it goes away or it's much smaller. Though I'd really have to see to be sure, and I don't know what causes water surfaces to show.

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby Sniper-Goth » 12 Aug 2013, 19:20

I like the map, the layout... but....... GLITCHES!
Attachments
20130812150323.jpg
Fire underwater! Laws of physics be damned.
20130812150219.jpg
Crouch and stand in that general area and then...... you really want to know eh?
20130812145637.jpg
In that rock blocked exit, you crouch and stand by the clip and you get out of map.
20130812145910.jpg
You can pass through the clip if you crouch and stand in an certain angle
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth

Postby Unnamed » 12 Aug 2013, 20:09

Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:I like the map, the layout... but....... GLITCHES!

I thought the fire would look like smoke or something like that.
After trying crouch and stand in the underwater part I found out it works at almost every wall underwater if the wall or ceiling is just a bit diagonally. So I have to clip all walls or make them plane and orthogonal ... :(
Last edited by Unnamed on 13 Aug 2013, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Unnamed

Postby qreeves » 13 Aug 2013, 02:00

Set the volume inside the occupied cubes to water (select your walls and type /water), then /recalc
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Unnamed » 13 Aug 2013, 09:21

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:My uneducated) advice is to use a smaller gridsize, make air inside and water outside and keep repeating with smaller gridsizes until either it goes away or it's much smaller. Though I'd really have to see to be sure, and I don't know what causes water surfaces to show.

It works. I thought I tried it and it didn't worked, but I fixed it this way.

qreeves {l Wrote}:Set the volume inside the occupied cubes to water (select your walls and type /water), then /recalc

It was already set to water and doing this doesn't seem to help.
Unnamed

Re: [MAP] Pressure v3

Postby Unnamed » 15 Aug 2013, 15:08

v3 released
I fixed these glitches.
Unnamed