[MAP] Campgrounds

[MAP] Campgrounds

Postby greaserpirate » 30 Jun 2013, 06:13

Me and Ballistic started this a few months ago, but I recently decided to finish it.

It's MUCH more open than both Bloodgrounds and the original. I will admit that I took a few liberties with the layout (stairs are too mainstream, pillars are more fun as wallrunning columns, and big unobstructed windows are pretty)

I decided to go for a sort of "old bricks meet future tech" theme. It really was an excercise in /vcolor for me; you might notice a lot of the bluish philipk textures were turned yellow or orange, such as the concrete texture mainly used in the map.

Playable for (T)DM, DTF, and CTF, but preferrably ffa deathmatch.

Screenshots:

20130629201353.png
very open right here. Also, thanks to /skytexture 0, you can wallrun smoothly on the walls.

20130629215533.png
Ballisic told me that people kept camping on the pillars in bloodgrounds, so I decided to make them have no top.

20130629201200.png
We discovered that pentagrams are the Cube Engine's only weakness. I might add something there later if I get any good ideas.
Attachments
campgrounds.zip
Enjoy!
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Re: [MAP] Campgrounds

Postby Ulukai » 01 Jul 2013, 08:57

Hey dudes! Nice to see you finished another map. I haven't had the time to test it yet, but from what I've seen on the screenshots I like it already! Your texture combinations look great and are refreshing.
Looking forward to testing it and I'll provide more feedback later... :-)
Ulukai

Re: [MAP] Campgrounds

Postby Ulukai » 26 Jul 2013, 07:52

I just had a fun deathmatch game on this map on the Doom server and I liked it a lot. The map looks very beautiful, combining new and old textures that have been present for a long time but are rarely used in other maps. It's not too hard to get used to the layout and parkour works very well in this map.

My only complaint for now would be that the stone tiles texture (visible on your 1st screenshot right onder the grenade, it's used as floor) is scaled too big compared to the player size.

Thanks for the fun map, I hope to see you guys on it online another time. :)
Ulukai