[Trailer] Ethereally Celestial on Cloud Eleven

[Trailer] Ethereally Celestial on Cloud Eleven

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 21 Jun 2013, 02:22

Hi people,

since this level stay (and it will stay) in its unreleased state, and no one could test it in real, when even some few good people from this community helped/supported me, which led to bringing it into this 99,9%-complete version (note: It really isn't a good feel not being able to finish something you worked on for 3 months), as well as amount of interest and effort showed from some people on this forum when helping me to choose the right name for it, it would be a little selfish from me to not share how it really feels in 3D I think, when this design work was meant especially for others to enjoy. So I made this video (trailer) containing also a walk on it.

Hope you like,
Damien

youtu.be/boUJVU4Jvp0
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Re: [Trailer] Ethereally Celestial on Cloud Eleven

Postby greaserpirate » 21 Jun 2013, 03:34

This is probably the best-looking map I've seen in any Cube Engine game, and that's saying something. The level of detail and use of lighting are absolutely amazing.

Is linking pushers to triggers the only thing that needs to be done? I want to play this so bad now...

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby Evropi » 21 Jun 2013, 08:25

This is hands-down the most beautiful map ever made for a Cube Engine game. It reminded me of Halo with the bloom effect and everything. Amazing work, Damien. I watched the video all the way through. It was awesome.

Just one complaint; I think you should die when you fall off the edge.

Okay, another; when will this be released? :D
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby Ulukai » 21 Jun 2013, 10:28

Well I'll be damned! My jaw still hurts from dropping on the floor! Simply amazing....
You have my vote for this amazing project, hopefully the necessary can be realized for you to finish your map!
Ulukai

Postby cdxbow » 21 Jun 2013, 18:11

Wow. 11/10. magnificent. I hope you'll want to do some maps for mekArcade.
cdxbow

Postby Sniper-Goth » 21 Jun 2013, 18:27

It surely looks beautiful.... but does it play good as well?
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth

Postby ballist1c » 21 Jun 2013, 21:40

Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:It surely looks beautiful.... but does it play good as well?

+1
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 22 Jun 2013, 04:44

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:This is probably the best-looking map I've seen in any Cube Engine game, and that's saying something. The level of detail and use of lighting are absolutely amazing.
Thank you much Greaserpirate, it means a lot for me.

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:Is linking pushers to triggers the only thing that needs to be done? I want to play this so bad now...
If you mean completeness of the map (which could make it playable in theory), then yes, this is the only thing. But another fact is, that I am no longer contributor here.

Evropi {l Wrote}:This is hands-down the most beautiful map ever made for a Cube Engine game. It reminded me of Halo with the bloom effect and everything. Amazing work, Damien. I watched the video all the way through. It was awesome.

Just one complaint; I think you should die when you fall off the edge.
Thanks a lot, Evropi. I think that this teleportation might give it different game-feel. The teleportation was meant to be more complicated when I started making it, but it didn't work well in engine, so I made it simplier. Anyway, I respect your opinion, it could be playable also without it theoretically, of course, but the teleportation makes it more pleasant in my opinion, when it replaces unintentional dying by time penalty and that was my intention. It doesn't mean I would like this on all space maps though.

Ulukai {l Wrote}:Well I'll be damned! My jaw still hurts from dropping on the floor! Simply amazing....
Heh, thanks, Ulukai, I'm glad you enjoyed it! : )

cdxbow {l Wrote}:Wow. 11/10. magnificent. I hope you'll want to do some maps for mekArcade.
Thank you. Well, I would like to, but at first I need to ask you something. (I'll send an e-mail.)

Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:It surely looks beautiful.... but does it play good as well?
Tough question. I can't tell if yes or no since it can't be played. Personally, I believe that it would play well (, IF...), but I don't know how this helps you. Perhaps be more specific.
Last edited by D.A.M.I.E.N. on 22 Jun 2013, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Postby LuckyStrike-Rx » 22 Jun 2013, 08:20

Awesome work. What else can be tell... Worth the time spent in it, really.
Shared it with RE official g+ account.
LuckyStrike-Rx

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 22 Jun 2013, 18:30

Thanks, Lucky. I'm glad it was worth the time spent on it then. By the way, nice avatar you have I see. Matrix-like. : )
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Postby Dratz-_C » 23 Jun 2013, 14:25

Hi Damien,
I think "~Cloud 11" looks wonderful in your video. I have a quick question. How does one slow down the palette pulse like you have on the vertical parts of the steps in the video?; or is that just a slower gamespeed? Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby greaserpirate » 23 Jun 2013, 16:57

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:Hi Damien,
I think "~Cloud 11" looks wonderful in your video. I have a quick question. How does one slow down the palette pulse like you have on the vertical parts of the steps in the video?; or is that just a slower gamespeed? Thanks for your help.
Cheers

You can use "setshaderparam pulsespeed" when you're editing the .cfg file, or "vshaderparam pulsespeed" ingame... though sadly you can only edit one shaderparam per texture as far as I know. (so you can make a texture pulse slower or change its color, but not both without editing the .cfg)

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 23 Jun 2013, 19:19

Hey Dratz!,
Thanks for taking a look at the video. From 0:39 to 3:46, there was no speed change basically. And I didn't use any pulse shader for the tube lights that you can see all over the map. I don't think I could achieve the exact timing and effect of the fading with pulsing shader. So I used the "light1" texture from "trak6" folder with scrolling and particular setting. Then I started putting it from bottom part of the map to the top, but patiently, basically one place after another, because there is some height and the positions were changing, and if I would just replace it by one scrolling texture, then it would be a mess. So I was tuning off-sets and changing rotations when I was moving vertically and horizontally as well. It was kinda long-winded, but it worked exactly as I wanted and it was quite easy to change it in editor if I wasn't satisfied with some parts. Worse was actually setting the lightning texture you can see at ~1:01 and ~1:15 on the right side to match well in all positions while inclined. Took a lot testing to get rid of the incurred texture error.
D.A.M.I.E.N.