CureCtrl and Red Eclipse

CureCtrl and Red Eclipse

Postby tempris » 24 Mar 2013, 19:35

Here is the source I've worked on to get controllers working in Iron Fist. Hope this helps! I've included a readme that I suggest you read before adding it to Red Eclipse. Its a very watered down mod, but with some adjustment should be better. I believe Quinton will know just what to do!
Attachments
CureControl Files.zip
Support for Generic Controllers
(13.94 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
tempris

Re: CureCtrl and Red Eclipse

Postby TheLastProject » 24 Mar 2013, 19:49

Oh, hey, it's you! I actually tried to compile the Iron Fist SVN under Linux some days back to see how your project was doing but to no avail. Got a strange error message which I couldn't figure out how to fix.

Anyway, to get back on-topic:
That's cool. I personally don't think controllers work all that well with a game like this, due to how quick one has to aim. Then again, there are people playing games like this on touchpads, so I wouldn't be surprised if people would be interested in this. I don't have any controllers to test something like this with, but still, this must be useful for someone. I'm not a developer, but it's still cool for you to be sharing code with the Red Eclipse project. Thanks for that, although I have no clue if any of the developers will actually use it. We will see.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Re: CureCtrl and Red Eclipse

Postby tempris » 25 Mar 2013, 04:33

Yeah, I've talked to Quinton. He said hed look into it because its been added to the tracker as a request so I took ownership of it as well.
tempris