[Map] Frag Vault - SVN

[Map] Frag Vault - SVN

Postby favorito » 10 Feb 2013, 01:23

A small map for duel, please voice your opinions.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
Remember, don't shoot food.
favorito

Re: [Map] Frag Vault - SVN

Postby TheLastProject » 10 Feb 2013, 01:35

After playing this map, I've got the following complaints which I also told you on the IRC:

1. The middle of the map gives me a feeling you could jump down if you just avoid the lasers. At least, a part of me just WANTS to jump down there.
2. The map could easily support multi - You replied to this on the IRC that it would easily get too crowded in multi, and I suppose you are right there.

That's all, really.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby John_III » 10 Feb 2013, 02:49

TheLastProject {l Wrote}:1. The middle of the map gives me a feeling you could jump down if you just avoid the lasers. At least, a part of me just WANTS to jump down there.

Favorito, just place a small sign at the base of the pit labelled "You are winner." Therefore, if people avoid the lasers, they can feel as if they have accomplished something.
John_III

Postby ballist1c » 10 Feb 2013, 03:23

John_III {l Wrote}:Favorito, just place a small sign at the base of the pit labelled *"A Winner Is You." Therefore, if people avoid the lasers, they can feel as if they have accomplished something.
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby Ulukai » 13 Feb 2013, 10:23

I like the layout and the feel of the map, but I think it doesn't come to it's full potential as it is now. I think with a little more color and subtle colored lights it would look even better.
Maybe also make the blue scrolling generators (or whatever it is) who are labeled I and II red in the red base...
Ulukai

Postby Evropi » 26 Feb 2013, 03:12

I think it has potential. Not sure what to make of it overall though, you somehow need to make the middle of the map stop being a cheater's haven without removing it completely, as the map would be far too simple then.

One very, very big issue apart from that. See the captions of the pictures attached, they are quite self-explanatory. :)
Attachments
oh boy.png
I got stuck when I walked underneath this!
the big picture.png
It's the grey things in the wall. Doesn't happen when you walk underneath the blue things.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi