[GUI] Benchmark

[GUI] Benchmark

Postby Calinou » 01 Feb 2013, 18:33

This script can be used for benchmarking. Two one-minute demos are provided. The benchmarks will use the current resolution and graphic settings.

Image | Download

License: CC BY-SA 4.0

Please post your benchmark results here.
Intallation instructions: extract the "benchmark.zip" file downloaded, move the "benchmark.cfg", "autoexec.cfg" and the "demos" directory to this location:
- Windows: My Documents\My Games\Red Eclipse
- OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/redeclipse
- GNU/Linux: ~/.redeclipse
How to use: type /benchmark, then select a benchmark. If v-sync is enabled, remember to click the warning to disable it as it will limit FPS to your screen's refresh rate, which is almost always 60.
Last edited by Calinou on 12 Jan 2014, 22:31, edited 2 times in total.
Calinou

Re: [GUI] Benchmark

Postby arand » 01 Feb 2013, 18:58

Hmm, wouldn't it be better if the benchmarking created a clean temporary profile and forced uniform settings (choosing low, med or high) there, for the sake of consistency?

Regardless of what we think of benchmarks, they might be good as a publicity thing, if we can make them nice enough (scriptability I presume) for Phoronix to use them, it might mean free publicity?
arand

Re: [GUI] Benchmark

Postby TheLastProject » 01 Feb 2013, 21:34

arand {l Wrote}:Hmm, wouldn't it be better if the benchmarking created a clean temporary profile and forced uniform settings (choosing low, med or high) there, for the sake of consistency?

This, it would be hard to get actual info regarding how good a system is if not all system are tested with the exact same settings.

arand {l Wrote}:Regardless of what we think of benchmarks, they might be good as a publicity thing, if we can make them nice enough (scriptability I presume) for Phoronix to use them, it might mean free publicity?

That would be cool.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject