Red eclipse mines

Re: Red eclipse mines

Postby restcoser » 02 Mar 2013, 13:05

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:I meant editmode preplaced active mine1s and mine2s rather than weapon pickup placement, although now I can see how what I said was confusing.
Cheers

I have not yet found a way to place them manually in edit mode, but I'd love such an option.
But in general a weapon-shooter entity would be darn cool. Could make maps so much more alive. It'd imagine you could either link the new weapon-shooter to a trigger or just let it shoot regulary. Normal weapons like shotgun/smg/flamer/stuff would fire with the selected firemode with the selected length and burst rate, mines would place themself on the next wall.
Just imagine some enviromental flamers just firing , would make some maps much more interesting. Also another possibility than death material, just shoot the player.
So a weaponshooter would have the following properties:
1:weapon type
2:yaw
3:pitch (both yaw and pitch control firing direction)
4:showgun (either 0 or 1, controls wether you can see the gun model corresponding to weapon type)
5:firemode (either 1 or 2)
6:burstlength (how long to shoot for one burst, the delay between shots being /[weapon]adelay)
7:burstfrequency (how often to start a burst)
8:anything else someone comes up with
restcoser

Postby Sniper-Goth » 02 Mar 2013, 14:13

restcoser {l Wrote}: But in general a weapon-shooter entity would be darn cool. Could make maps so much more alive. It'd imagine you could either link the new weapon-shooter to a trigger or just let it shoot regulary. Normal weapons like shotgun/smg/flamer/stuff would fire with the selected firemode with the selected length and burst rate, mines would place themself on the next wall.
Just imagine some enviromental flamers just firing , would make some maps much more interesting. Also another possibility than death material, just shoot the player.

I did this suggestion some time ago, like a trap sort of thing, but man you did an exellent explanation hehe.
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth

Postby quintux_v » 04 Mar 2013, 05:42

Man, I'm out for a week and come back to this. That must've been a good question to ask.

qreeves {l Wrote}:Feature, the explosion has a fair chance of killing you too (and if it doesn't, I can certainly fix that). Originally the beam shut off when attached to a player, but I figured this was funnier.

Okay. When I first experienced the singularity, it didn't explode and kill me, but I think that's because I didn't give it enough time to.

wowie {l Wrote}:1)Find a landmine.
2)Throw it straight up.
3)Don't move until the mine stops moving.
4)You are now wearing a mine-hat.
5)Try not to get shot. Now go hug somebody.

Does this work if you suicide, as with grenades?

Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:I did this suggestion some time ago, like a trap sort of thing, but man you did an exellent explanation hehe.

Would be nice for time-trial.
[eX] member
aliases: quintux_v | blakthunder
quintux_v

Postby qreeves » 04 Mar 2013, 10:15

quintux_v"[quote="Sniper-Goth {l Wrote}:I did this suggestion some time ago, like a trap sort of thing, but man you did an exellent explanation hehe.

Would be nice for time-trial.[/quote]
And probably the new gauntlet mode.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves