=[ ZeroKnight's Red Eclipse Archive ]=

=[ ZeroKnight's Red Eclipse Archive ]=

Postby ZeroKnight » 05 Oct 2012, 09:26

Hey all. I used to make a lot of stuff with CubeScript for RE a while back when I was more active on the forums. Recently, other projects have kept me busy, but I've decided to stop neglecting the RE forums and make some more cool things for the Community to tinker/play with should they choose :) Basically, I've created this thread to keep a single place for all the things that I create (or at least to list them and link elsewhere :P) to share with the members of the Community.
I will be updating this thread with any new thing that I make. It's going to be an archive of Extensions, Scripts, Aliases, WeapMods, CS Functions, custom content, and maybe even maps!

I'm hosting the bulk of this stuff on my Github, so you can check stuff out over there for commit info, and to more easily browse my stuff!

CubeScript Creations

Collection of anything and everything made with CubeScript. Be it convenience functions, aliases, GUI's, whatever. They all belong here :P

GUI's / Menus

Color Chat GUI

Since as long as I found out about color chat waaaay back in the late 1.0 / early 1.1, I was constantly asked how it was done. Way back then, RE was still a small community, and I liked being one of the extreme few to know about it. Sort of like a badge of honor, so to speak. Since the Community has grown, and many people have already found out about it, I've decided to release my Color Chat GUI for all to use and enjoy.

Features:
  • Choose from 20 preset colors, specify your own hexadecimal color code, match your Profile color, or even automatically match your team color!
    • Matching team color respects team*colour, so the script will properly use even custom team colors if available!
  • Have a separate color for regular chat, team chat, ACTIONs (ie. "/me is hungry"), and even team-only ACTIONs! (ie. "/meteam loves his team!" (most don't even know that existed!))
  • Thanks to setpersist now being an in-game command, your Color Chat settings are painlessly and easily saved!

Download
Full Changelog
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Version 2.2.1.1 -- Oct 16th, 2012 @ 05:00
    - Bugfixes:
        + Fixed Profile Color option.
            - For some reason `getclientcolour` worked at one point, and now it doesn't. Now uses `getcolour`.

Simple WeapMod GUI

I enjoy occasionally playing around with Weapon vars, and in the past have made a handful of Weapon Mods (WeapMods). To more easily execute and manage them, I created a GUI that held them all in a list, and could execute them with the click of a button. In practice, I found that using resetvars to disable WeapMods a bit impractical/inconvenient, as it would disable everything else as well. So I decided to make an annoying-as-hell to update script that could reset each weapon's variables individually. I coupled this script with the WeapMod GUI as they belong together :)
The only downside to the "Extended" resetvars is that it must be manually updated when default weapon vars are changed. As a note, the "defaults" reflect those in bleeding edge SVN
* A scrollbox for the WeapMod list will be implemented in a future version

Features:
  • Stores all of your WeapMods in a convenient list, allowing execution by clicking the name.
  • Features individual resetting of each weapon's variables. Allows you to enable/disable WeapMods without resorting to resetvars
  • Edit WeapMod scripts in-game
  • With a little WeapMod script compatibility, the menu will also show indicators on which weapons have been modified

Download
Full Changelog
Version 1.1.2 -- Oct 25th @ 00:45
    - Bugfix:
        + Fixed wrong function name

Scripts

Collection of various scripts, be it for utility purposes, adding helpful features to the game, making tasks simpler, or just about anything else :)

Mapping Auto-Save

You read correctly. This script will auto-save the map you're working on in edit-mode every X minutes to an autosave subdirectory in the maps/ folder. You can set the interval at which the script will auto-save your map, and even turn it on/off.
I wrote this script after doing a bunch of work on a map, only to realize I had completely forgotten to save that work. Other than preventing stupidity like that, it's also very helpful for preventing unforeseeable circumstances such as sudden power loss, or the public server you're on to inexplicably crash.

Instructions
  1. Throw MappingAutoSave.cfg in your RE homedir, and add the following to your autoexec.cfg

exec "MappingAutoSave.cfg"

2. Fire up an Editing session in game and use the following commands to use the auto-save script:

/zkmas.AutoSaveInterval <interval>        // Where <interval> is in minutes
    /zkmas.AutoSave <bool>                    // Where <bool> is 0 for off, and 1 for on

3. Start mapping, with comfort in the fact that your work will be automatically saved!

NOTE: Thanks to the setcomplete command, the two commands listed above can be tab completed for convenience!

Download
Version 1.0 -- Oct 31st @ 18:00
    - Initial Release

Rainbow Guns

A simple script that sets all weapon projectile/explosion colors to -3, which is "rainbow" coloring. (or "disco", if you've done any digging in the RE code ;P) Not much else to say. Enjoy the pretty colors while you blow your foes to bloody chunks!

Download

Tutorials
I want to share what I learned about CubeScript with everyone else, because I had to learn almost all of it by myself, and it wasn't easy. I want to ease the learning phase by helping as much as I can.

GUI Scrollboxes

These aren't so hard once you know how they work :) I've written a short tutorial explaining how they work and how to create one. The tutorial itself is a working CFG that you can execute in Red Eclipse! :)

Click to view tutorial on my GitHub

[size=130]Power-User Binds, CS Functions, etc.

Check out this thread for quite a few examples!
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2017

WeapMods (Weapon Modifications)

Like most others, I enjoy tinkering with the Weapon variables and making unique and interesting things. Here's a collection of all the WeapMods I've made.
Currently, it's only a few, and I made them way back in v1.1 :)

[Pistol] Glock-18 & Desert Eagle Hybrid

Description
Primary fire mimics the Glock-18 machine pistol which can empty it's 32 round clip in roughly half of a second. More specifically, it has a fire rate of roughly 20 rounds per second.
The Secondary mimics a Desert Eagle, a large and highly powerful hand gun firing .50 Action Express caliber rounds; one of the most powerful pistol rounds in production.

Balance Notes
G18: Primary does about half damage as a normal pistol shot, and fires very fast.
Desert Eagle: Single shot, low fire rate, noticeable kickback, but very high firepower. 3 shots to the leg, or 2 torso shots, or a single to the head will equal a kill. Despite being so powerful, the low fire rate and single shot makes this hard to use. Uses 4 ammo per shot to equal an 8 round clip. Yes I know the Desert Eagle has a 7 round clip, unfortunately you cannot evenly divide 7 from 32.

Download
Version 1.2

[Grenade] Vortex Grenade

Description
The concept for this WeapMod came from the 'Rift Generator' from the Ratchet & Clank game series, which was a device that created dimensional rifts that sucked foes into a miniature black hole. This WeapMod behaves similarly, in grenade form.
The grenade itself glows an eerie and lovely deep purple color, and explodes in a bright, misty blue upon the closing of the rift.

Balance Notes
Primary: Grenade has no weight, and full elasticity. When thrown, the grenade will bounce all over the place until the rift closes after 4 seconds. Players that stray too close will be pulled and crushed by the rift.
Secondary: When thrown, the grenade falls quickly to the ground and stays in place. Due to the rift not having to propel itself like its primary function, and at the cost of slightly less power and pull radius, the rift lasts twice as long.
Depending on the situation, any clever user can understand that both functions have their situational uses and advantages.

Download
Version 2.0

[Rifle] Eclipse Rifle A2

Description
Note: I personally dubbed the Red Eclipse rifle the "Eclipse Rifle". :P
Turns the rifle into an assault rifle with no scope, and an underslung "grenade launcher". The projectile acts just like the grenade launcher on a modern day assault rifle. It goes rather far, but is still affected by gravity, and can indeed hurt you.

Balance Notes
Primary: 37 round clip; noticeably greater amount of damage than the SMG, with faster bullet speed. The trade-off: There is a slightly more spread than the SMG, making it less accurate; the reload time is slightly longer; the laser does not penetrate targets and hit another; shots do not ricochet.
Secondary: The secondary requires you to have a full clip, but launches a ball of highly condensed and concentrated laser particles that on impact, explodes somewhat like a High Explosive grenade, although with a small splash. Upon explosion, it will launch several small lasers in random directions as flak, which do in fact penetrate targets.

Download
Version 1.6
NOTE: There is a bug that has been introduced with RE v1.3. For reasons I have yet to discover and fix, when firing the "grenade" while looking even slightly upward, the projectile will never appear, but still drain the clip. I'll fix this when I can figure it out. For now, I'm sorry :(

[Rifle] Eclipse Rifle A1-FN

Description
Note: I personally dubbed the Red Eclipse rifle the "Eclipse Rifle". :P
Mimics the FN-FAL semi-automatic assault rifle. While it is only semi-automatic, the FN-FAL can be fired virtually as fast as the user can pull the trigger! The A1-FN does a bit more damage than its A2 counterpart, and also allows the use of the scope. The weapon generally requires 4 torso shots, or 2 headshots to kill.

Balance Notes
Primary: 27 round clip; only slightly less accurate as the vanilla rifle, and roughly the same power. Semi-auto fire.
Secondary: Can zoom.

Download
Version 1.1

[Shotgun] Flak Cannon

Description
One monster of a Scattergun. Simulates a devastating double-barreled scatter-gun. Obliterate and decimate your enemies...just so long as you can get in their face first :P
I plan on making a separate "Scattergun" which will be a bit less obnoxious, with a different alt fire. Don't have too many ideas yet though, but it will have a high RoF and clip size, but be relatively weak and useless anywhere but up close.

Balance Notes
Large spread; hard kickback/recoil and hitpush. Reloads 2 slugs at a time, max capacity of 4 slugs. Very powerful up close, but useless at medium to long range.
Primary: 20 pellets per shot, one barrel.
Secondary: Utterly hellish 40 pellets total, uses both barrels.

Download
Version 1.4

[Plasma] Grenade Launcher

Description
Mimics a revolving-chamber fed grenade launcher with bouncy or sticky grenades. (think Team Fortress 2 Demoman)

Balance Notes
Grenades explode after 3 seconds.
Primary: Bouncy grenades that explode upon impacting a player, causing instant death.
Secondary: Sticky grenades that can also stick to players.

Download
Version 1.9
NOTE: Explosions are occasionally buggy. Sticky grenades sometimes like to do only 1 dmg when exploding on a stuck player. I'll fix this soon.
Last edited by ZeroKnight on 12 Nov 2012, 00:22, edited 14 times in total.
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Re: Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & Mor

Postby Gingerbear » 05 Oct 2012, 16:59

You are my sunshine.
Gingerbear

Postby Ulukai » 05 Oct 2012, 23:14

Thanks Zero for the chatcolor script, it works like a charm.
Ulukai

Postby ZeroKnight » 05 Oct 2012, 23:53

Gingerbear {l Wrote}:You are my sunshine.

I know ;)

Ulukai {l Wrote}:Thanks Zero for the chatcolor script, it works like a charm.

Sure thing, glad to hear it :)
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby ballist1c » 06 Oct 2012, 01:34

wow I very much like the chatcolor script. It's cool to see what nifty hidden things RE can offer just by inserting a couple lines of CS :)

downloading now
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby raiden » 06 Oct 2012, 10:37

Nice work and good hints. I don't know if you did it, but there was a project of a gui/menue for easy selecting individual crosshairs in the past. Do you know something about it, or the progress Zero ?
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby ballist1c » 06 Oct 2012, 16:02

raiden {l Wrote}:Nice work and good hints. I don't know if you did it, but there was a project of a gui/menue for easy selecting individual crosshairs in the past. Do you know something about it, or the progress Zero ?

You mean this? http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1669 It did look promising to me as well but quin said it modified the code in ways he was not happy with. Maybe if Zero took a swing at it :)
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby qreeves » 07 Oct 2012, 01:12

Indeed, this type of thing can be done without modifying the source code at all, because I have variables and commands to control all this already. If you need something added, I'd prefer you ask me before you proceed, because I might have a better alternative.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby ZeroKnight » 07 Oct 2012, 05:44

I did do a menu for crosshair selection, and quin collaborated by getting a working scrollbox in the menu. There's a current item on the tracker about cleaning the options menu and possibly adding a crosshair menu, so I linked to the forum post where I posted the code for the menu. It's linked here in the tracker: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/redeclipse/ticket/236
ZeroKnight

Postby raiden » 07 Oct 2012, 12:29

Yeah I read me into the old thread, probably I meant this. I think I understand the opinion of you qreeves. That is comprehensible.
@Zeroknight: Thank you for information. I'll try out the chatcolor gui, thx for that also :).

:::edit:::

Like Ulukai mentioned: your menue works great. I like the logical keybinding layout, that you suggest. It's fairly simple :).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby ZeroKnight » 07 Oct 2012, 21:37

raiden {l Wrote}:@Zeroknight: Thank you for information. I'll try out the chatcolor gui, thx for that also :).

:::edit:::

Like Ulukai mentioned: your menue works great. I like the logical keybinding layout, that you suggest. It's fairly simple :).

Thanks man, glad you like it :)
ZeroKnight

Postby ZeroKnight » 10 Oct 2012, 11:13

Updated Color Chat GUI to version 2.2!
See first post!
ZeroKnight

Postby ZeroKnight » 10 Oct 2012, 22:51

Updated Color Chat GUI to version 2.2.1!
See first post!
ZeroKnight

Re: =[ ZeroKnight's Red Eclipse Archive ]=

Postby ZeroKnight » 16 Oct 2012, 13:13

Updates!
  • Color chat GUI is now version 2.2.1.1
  • WeapMod GUI is now version 1.1
  • Added my WeapMod scripts! A few have very minor bugs ATM, but I really wanted to share them with everyone again.
  • Added link to Github repo

See first post!
ZeroKnight

Postby ZeroKnight » 17 Oct 2012, 05:50

Updated Simple WeapMod GUI to version 1.1.1!
See first post!
ZeroKnight

Postby ZeroKnight » 25 Oct 2012, 06:04

Updated Simple WeapMod GUI to version 1.1.2!
See first post!
ZeroKnight

Postby ZeroKnight » 01 Nov 2012, 00:30

Updates!
  • Made a new script, "MappingAutoSave.cfg" which auto-saves the map you're working on in Editing mode! Losing work isn't so easy anymore!
  • Added my "RainbowGuns.cfg" script. Forgot to add it :P

See first post!
ZeroKnight

Postby fawstoar » 01 Nov 2012, 18:25

Other projects? :o
-Wasabi
Map flythroughs, RE trailers, etc: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67578B2BCD99FB7B
fawstoar

Postby Dratz-_C » 29 Aug 2013, 04:21

Hi ZeroKnight,
About "Chat Colours GUI," guinoautotab doesn't work anymore in r5739. I do not know what to replace it with, only I thought you should know anyway.
Cheers
Dratz-_C