[Map] Fourplex 1.6 {FINAL}

[Map] Fourplex 1.6 {FINAL}

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 31 May 2012, 19:44

Fourplex (By me and Korsi.)

License:

Description:

This medium sized floating map with futuristic design is made especially for multi-team based games. Thanks to jumping pads leads way to upside through the warped geometry. Or through a tower in the middle, where is placed a rocket engine below. Map supports all modes (except time-trial). Someone of you could maybe remember this map on server in its early stage. This is the latest version, just ready to play. I will appreciate your opinions. Thank you.

List of changes and improvements:

Version 1.0 - 1.1
* changed position of flags
* added grunts for onslaught mutator
* corrected additional details and setting (pushers, clips, waypoints)
* fixed issue with rocket fume
* continuing on updating only by myself this map

Version 1.2
* reduced file size
* added pillars which holding the main platform (was weird hovering before)
* added textures -> decent glowing symbols for each team
* changed green plasma particle to fire flare
* added small fire flares below other platforms to indicate hovering
* surfaces for wall run moved closer to the middle for better gameplay

Version 1.3
* visual and gameplay improvements (colors, decoration, geometry changes, gloss corrections, glow, ..)
* added lens flare effect

Version 1.4
* more details, visual improvements, changed location of weapons, etc., etc.

Version 1.5
* new grey/green color scheme, reworked lights, used more [i]philipk textures[/i]

Version 1.6 {FINAL}
* designed new bases for wider and more impressive gameplay
* redesign of pushers, tweaks
* platforms placement change
* more visual improvement (balanced green color, textures, lights, ...)
* new waypoints

Updated pictures and package for download (FINAL version):
Attachments
1-fourplex-top-view.png
Top view.
2-fourplex-base-design.png
Base design.
3-fourplex-ground-floor.png
Ground floor.
4-fourplex-tower.png
Tower.
fourplex-v16.zip
Download for final version (v1.6).
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
Last edited by D.A.M.I.E.N. on 10 Feb 2013, 22:20, edited 13 times in total.
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Re: [Map] Fourplex

Postby 4rson » 31 May 2012, 20:42

Nice work, it makes for a very intense insta map.
4rson

Postby fawstoar » 31 May 2012, 20:47

Looks really cool.

Quin, if you're reading this, what's your plan on implementing new maps for another RE release?

Pumpstation, Star Libido/a, ctf_industrial, and a few others I can't think of right now would be prime candidates.
-Wasabi
Map flythroughs, RE trailers, etc: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67578B2BCD99FB7B
fawstoar

Re: [Map] Fourplex 1.1

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 08 Jun 2012, 00:02

Hi,
I corrected the details so this should be a final verison. Download file was updated. And thank you "idk [Bl@ze]" for testing!
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Postby Ulukai » 08 Jun 2012, 09:00

Will upload to my RE server soon. Try it out online.
Ulukai

Postby jboakajnosko » 14 Jun 2012, 23:13

Great map.
jboakajnosko

Postby raiden » 19 Jul 2012, 14:47

A keeper, both layout style(texturing inclusive) and playability are great.
(One thing: I played it via "/getmap"- command on a server instead of downloading here, maybe it was an older version: the bots had no waypoints there ?)

Greetings
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby Ulukai » 19 Jul 2012, 16:08

Was it my server? If yes, let me know so I can see if there is a problem with the WPT file.
Ulukai

Postby Iridium » 19 Jul 2012, 20:19

fawstoar {l Wrote}:Looks really cool.

Quin, if you're reading this, what's your plan on implementing new maps for another RE release?

Pumpstation, Star Libido/a, ctf_industrial, and a few others I can't think of right now would be prime candidates.

add to that list cutec, crater, platform(by wowie)
Iridium

Postby Ulukai » 19 Jul 2012, 20:37

Iridium {l Wrote}:

There is a sticky on top of this forum where people have to submit their finalized maps / mods. Then Quin or another dev can take this content and edit it to fit the game best. And yes, we have a couple of great community maps so far, I think v1.3 will be very promising :)
Ulukai

Postby Iridium » 19 Jul 2012, 21:30

Ulukai {l Wrote}:
Iridium {l Wrote}:

There is a sticky on top of this forum where people have to submit their finalized maps / mods. Then Quin or another dev can take this content and edit it to fit the game best. And yes, we have a couple of great community maps so far, I think v1.3 will be very promising :)

I agree!

Also, please take note, the location I was told to put maps was incorrect; on a Mac, the correct location lies here: Applications/redeclipse/Contents/Resources/data/maps
-Iridium
Iridium

Postby qreeves » 20 Jul 2012, 02:38

You should never alter anything inside redeclipse.app!
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Iridium » 20 Jul 2012, 04:19

qreeves {l Wrote}:You should never alter anything inside redeclipse.app!

Oh? It didn't seem to cause any trouble at all, I even looked in the console. The game seems exactly the same as before. When I placed the maps in the designated location (application support/red eclipse), nothing happened. I didn't recognize the maps online, and they did not show up in the offline practice option menu either. Even the maps that servers download to you're computer aren't in that particular folder, they are in a folder within that folder. I tried there too, nothing.

FYI, I did it because a lot of other games require you to go inside the bundle to modify the game(copyrighted ones too, so I assume there is no issue there), and there have been no issues. However, I am obviously not very well versed in this issue; all I wanted was to enjoy the map. I know there was an issue when I tried to install that voice chat mod, but not with this. Maybe it is a Mac thing - I don't honestly know.

I will tell you if I run into any problems in the future, and if you want me to do something, let me know :)
-Iridium
Iridium

Postby qreeves » 20 Jul 2012, 14:12

Iridium {l Wrote}:Oh? It didn't seem to cause any trouble at all, I even looked in the console. The game seems exactly the same as before. When I placed the maps in the designated location (application support/red eclipse), nothing happened. I didn't recognize the maps online, and they did not show up in the offline practice option menu either. Even the maps that servers download to you're computer aren't in that particular folder, they are in a folder within that folder. I tried there too, nothing.

Try: "Application Support/redeclipse/data/maps"

The maps auto-downloaded from a server would have ended up in "Application Support/redeclipse/data/temp/maps" which the game never scans under normal conditions (because it is a directory not controlled by the user and could contain an array of "crap").
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Iridium » 20 Jul 2012, 18:51

qreeves {l Wrote}:Try: "Application Support/redeclipse/data/maps"

Such a folder does not exist. There is only that "temp" folder inside the redeclipse folder which leads to the server "maps" folder, not a "data" one, which I have tried already.

qreeves {l Wrote}:The maps auto-downloaded from a server would have ended up in "Application Support/redeclipse/data/temp/maps" which the game never scans under normal conditions (because it is a directory not controlled by the user and could contain an array of "crap").

The only place where I see a folder named data was inside of redeclipse.app though.
-Iridium
Iridium

Postby Dratz-_C » 20 Jul 2012, 23:00

Hello Iridium,
I have a Windows XP computer, not a Mac but I believe that Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ may just be where you have to put your custom maps for the game to see them when you scroll down into the "maps not in rotation" part of the map selection list. In Windows, inside of my .../My Documents/My Games/Red Eclipse/ folder there is a maps/ folder. This is where one should put their custom maps for the game not to break. I'm have a hunch that qreeves just confused the game install folder a little with the user information folder, hence the "data/" folder misunderstanding. My .../My Documents/My Games/Red Eclipse/ folder has no data/ folder, just backups/, maps/ and temp/. Maybe you could try ignoring Application Support/Red Eclipse/backup/ and Application Support/Red Eclipse/temp/ and just using Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ folder to put your custom maps in. Does any of this make sense? I might even venture to say that if there is no Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ folder, you should just create the Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ folder and begin putting your custom maps in there.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby Iridium » 21 Jul 2012, 00:09

Hey Dratz-C,
Thanks for your interest. I have used both Mac and Windows computers by the way

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:I believe that Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ may just be where you have to put your custom maps for the game to see them when you scroll down into the "maps not in rotation" part of the map selection list.

That exact location does not even exist. The closest would be Application Support/Red Eclipse/temp/maps.
I have tried that location already, it did not work, and as Quin said, that location is not scanned by the program for maps, and is used only when a server is running a map that you do not have.

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:My .../My Documents/My Games/Red Eclipse/ folder has no data/ folder, just backups/, maps/ and temp/.

Well, that is the difference in OS architecture. Maybe that was the source of all of the misunderstandings here, as my game is definitely not broken.

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:Maybe you could try ignoring Application Support/Red Eclipse/backup/ and Application Support/Red Eclipse/temp/ and just using Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ folder to put your custom maps in.

ONE of those three locations actually exist on my computer, I lol'd
And I have tried all of those.

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}: I might even venture to say that if there is no Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ folder, you should just create the Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps/ folder and begin putting your custom maps in there.

Why? The maps work fine where they are.

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:This is where one should put their custom maps for the game not to break

False - that is the WRONG location, and once again, my game is NOT broken! :o

Dratz-_C {l Wrote}:Does any of this make sense?

No, because my game is NOT broken, the maps DO show up under the "maps not in rotation", they load and play perfectly fine, and there are even no errors at all in the console. What is wrong???
Iridium

Postby Iridium » 21 Jul 2012, 00:43

I just thought to clarify, I would show the exact filepath I took to get the maps to show up.

Macintosh HD/Applications/redeclipse.app

I then right-click on redeclipse.app and choose "Show Package Contents". A folder named "Contents" appears and I then follow this path:

Contents/Resources/data/maps

The completed path is:

Macintosh HD/Applications/redeclipse.app/Contents/Resources/data/maps

Yes, this does take me inside redeclipse.app, but nothing ill has come of it. My RE install is NOT broken.
Iridium

Postby Dratz-_C » 21 Jul 2012, 01:02

Hi again Iridium,
You're welcome. The game should be fine unless you overwrite a stock map with another one of the same name. This is unlikely to get past you as you would probably be prompted by default in this situation. I am just trying to entirely avoid it. It's not a big deal. I just care about you is all. The game should also put maps that you create and save in the editor in your user folder in Application Support/Red Eclipse/maps. Try using the editor to create a map and then do a file search for that map to see where you find it at. Or don't, it's nothing to fret about. I'm sorry if I steered you wrong even though I don't think I did. Maybe I'll see you in the game.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby raiden » 23 Jul 2012, 10:13

(Ahh, my question seems to be cleared, thanks for that pskosinsky :).)
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby qreeves » 28 Jul 2012, 06:24

Included in Red Eclipse as of revision 3766.
qreeves

Postby Ulukai » 28 Jul 2012, 19:24

Looking forward to playing this map in the next release :)
Ulukai

Re: [Map] Fourplex 1.2

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 26 Aug 2012, 01:51

update: Fourplex 1.2

*reduced file size
*added pillars which holding the main platform (was weird hovering before)
*added textures -> decent glowing symbols for each team
*changed green plasma particle to fire flare
*added small fire flares below other platforms to indicate hovering
*surfaces for wall run moved closer to the middle for better gameplay
Attachments
fourplex1.2.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Postby qreeves » 26 Aug 2012, 03:16

Is it based on the version I had in SVN, because I modified the map slightly before including it.
qreeves

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 26 Aug 2012, 03:27

Yes I know, of course that it is based on version from SVN. By the way.. Hope that the props will not affect negatively movements of bots. I think there are no waypoints over it, so it shouldn't?.. I suppose, but better, just to be sure I will test that in SVN.
D.A.M.I.E.N.