Re: STORAGE: Time-Trial Maps, Mods & Videos

Postby TristamK » 27 Jul 2013, 20:15

Link to posts with maps :
Ghost City by TristamK,
War_Deport by TristamK,
Inverted Race by Sniper-Goth,
Exotic by Sniper-Goth,
Added to the first post
Sorry for my bad English. Sometimes i use google translator.
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby bonifarz » 27 Jul 2013, 22:37

TristamK {l Wrote}: Iam preparing a time-trial maps pack v1.1 for 100+1 server. Also this pack will be posted here. In this pack 80% of maps a improved somehow (some improved a lot some no) and new maps added (most of them from cube 2)

I am curious if you still have plans for doing so. Just yesterday someone asked me about a package of trial maps. I realize the 75 maps in my "rotation" are still about 96 MB large when i pack them in a zip (93MB as .7z).
bonifarz

Postby restcoser » 28 Jul 2013, 01:14

I'd love to have a package of your time trial maps as well :P (for me, everything below 1GB is nothing, dunno if uploading is the problem :D)
restcoser

Postby TristamK » 28 Jul 2013, 17:44

restcoser {l Wrote}:I'd love to have a package of your time trial maps as well :P (for me, everything below 1GB is nothing, dunno if uploading is the problem :D)

bonifarz {l Wrote}:
TristamK {l Wrote}: Iam preparing a time-trial maps pack v1.1 for 100+1 server. Also this pack will be posted here. In this pack 80% of maps a improved somehow (some improved a lot some no) and new maps added (most of them from cube 2)

I am curious if you still have plans for doing so. Just yesterday someone asked me about a package of trial maps. I realize the 75 maps in my "rotation" are still about 96 MB large when i pack them in a zip (93MB as .7z).

You want see a Time-Trial map pack,right ? Ok. You got it :)
First Red Eclipse community Time-trial maps pack v1.1
(text from README file in acrhive)
Custom Map pack compiled by TristamK, for all who like Time-Trial in game Red Eclipse on 28-07-2013
Most of the maps (70%) in this pack are made by Me, 40-65% of maps by others ppls somehow modified by Me.Also 80% of my maps improved very much and most of bugs fixed

Total maps = 207
-------------------------
Tristamk - 108 (9 maps will be added in addtional map pack or later)
Temka - 32
Goku - 3
h1q1 - 4
Michel - 15
other - 14
speedmapping - 27
RESMC - 4
Maps sorted in folders by Name of creator or by category

Installation Instructions
To Install, just place the maps from folders in your Red Eclipse\maps\ folder.
or what ever folder, where you have your custom maps
On Windows: C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Red Eclipse
Remember to add the maps to your server config file, if you run a server

LINK FOR DOWNLOADING : http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6qpp ... 280713.zip
It would be nice to hear your opinion on the maps I have collected here and about the archive. If you find bugs on maps or if you think that i can\must improve something - say me.

Like you can see, here much more maps then 75 )
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby bonifarz » 28 Jul 2013, 23:36

TristamK {l Wrote}:It would be nice to hear your opinion on the maps I have collected here and about the archive.

This looks wonderful, TristamK.
Many maps, like Adventure or disharmony look quite a bit better here. Also, it is good to have some checkpoints fixed, for example in blackwater.

TristamK {l Wrote}:Remember to add the maps to your server config file, if you run a server

Maybe this is useful to add to the sv_trialmaps variable in the serverinit.cfg: Here is an alphabetical, case-insensitive list of the map names.
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
2DHELL 2DHell2 2t_demo 3waysdown adventure aesonoid airtortures Arbatrel argo bh_demo Black&White BlackWater-RR7 calslide1 capinox castle climb collige ColorCool-RESMC1 Columns confusion Construct-Jump Critic critic_2 cubeworld cubez cyanext[die] dark10-1 DeathWater-LT3-sp deport DestroyedNature df_city-normal df_cubes-normal df_desert-normal df_expellam_normal df_fame-normal df_havoc_normal df_lodestar_normal df_maturate-normal df_outlet-normal df_quiker df_redrock-normal df_revilium_normal df_scetch df_velocita-normal disharmony dw_canal-normal dw_demo-normal dw_washout dytrix escapefinal escapehardfinal evening exotic ExtremeRun-RR3 fastpass fastrace FlameRun-10mins GhostCity glassstation glasswall GlassWorld-RESMC1 Golden100 Grot haltrix Hander HaPi-normal HardCore headcrash Heaven Heaven-ERE Heaven-IE Hidek holidays hot_r1 IceRoad-RR4 inverted ire iron ItsSlideTime-LR4-sp IWBTEHardestMapEverV1 ja_hotel jm_amnesia-normal jm_cosmo-normal jm_jungle-normal JumpingPlace-RR8 JumpMaze1-normal jumptastic lagrace LavaFall lavafall-ere lavatortures lavaworld LongRoad M1 M2 M3 mariolandpart2-sp massae maze13 Mechanism-RR5 Medium Menace mendal meridiem MiniRocks-sp misce Mono mystic-normal nexumus nocroid NoobRace-RR6 NoobRace_2 Obstacle1 obstacle2 OrangeRun OrangeRun-8mins ParkourTraining Path PinkTrial platfrom Port port-018 Pyrolis Quite R7 race006-sp RD-LT34-sp Reaction Recovery Red&White Relan RElax reservoir ReSMC1test RESMCtest2 restart RollerCoaster-LT41-sp roundglassred Rox Saportage Sign simple sinai sinigal Skyfall skyintricacy skytur slide01-sp Slit space Stabel StoneRun-10mins Straining2 stven Sunset SunsetRace-RR2 Synergy-Normal temperature tenebris TestEE00 testee01 testee02den testroom1 testroom2 testroom3 tetris-race-sp TetrisRace-RR1 Torpidity torpidity-ere Torpidity-IE trials-sp TronTime-LT37-sp TutorialConstruct uberslide-sp upstairs vrtraining01-ifp war_depot WhiteRocket WhiteRun-5mins X-rooms x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 x8 x9 x10 x11 x12 x13 x14 x15_smallrun-3mins x16 x17 x18 x19 x20 x21 x22 x23 Xilork

Thanks again for your efforts, it is great to have all of those maps accessible in a single package.

EDIT: I just noticed X-rooms - great design!
Last edited by bonifarz on 29 Jul 2013, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
bonifarz

Re: STORAGE: Maps&Times. Time-Trial map pack v1.1 released

Postby greaserpirate » 29 Jul 2013, 00:10

TristamK {l Wrote}:Total maps = 207

Mind = blown.

[Edit: images are nice but that one was more trouble than it was worth]

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby TheLastProject » 29 Jul 2013, 23:22

I'll be using this post to give a basic idea of maps in this pack as I play them. Will update this post every now and then.

X-rooms v0.7.
- Beautiful map, but way too long. Also too difficult for the average player. However, a nice map if you want to see how good a map can look. Performance is "meh" due to the high visibility and lots of water.

===
More to come
===
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby greaserpirate » 31 Jul 2013, 04:40

Some feedback I had, because it will take many reviewers to go through all of these maps:

Holiday is a really nice-looking map with a good concept, but you should definitely make the entrance to the final tomb easier to see, I lost a lot of time wondering why there was an invisible wall keeping me from the pyramid on the other side (also not good). Also, the spikes on top can't hurt you, while the spikes on the bottom kill you if you even step between them; maybe make them each half covered by death material instead of one fully covered and the other not at all.

On haltrix, you might want to lower the fog a little bit so players can see what's after the drops.

On hot_r1, you might want to give a better reason for killing the player than "choice wrong way", maybe by adding steam to the tops and saying "was fried by the sun" or just adding spikes. Also, it's "chose the wrong way", just so you know.

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby Ulukai » 31 Jul 2013, 11:59

While most of the maps are fun to play, they usually are in half-finished state:
- There are light entities present, but no light textures.
- Too little checkpoints.
- Mostly basic shapes and little geometry details, except some places in some maps.
- Same textures for floor, walls and ceiling, ...

Some maps are better than others, and while most of them are fun despite of the unfinished state they are in, I think you would reach a bigger audience with like 20 high quality maps than say 100 semi-finished maps.
Ulukai

Postby bonifarz » 31 Jul 2013, 13:15

Ulukai {l Wrote}: I think you would reach a bigger audience with like 20 high quality maps than say 100 semi-finished maps.

I have the impression the point of the map pack is to make an extensive collection of maps easily accessible. There are plenty of TristamK's more advanced maps with their own topics:
http://forum.freegamedev.net/search.php?keywords=map&author=tristamk&sf=titleonly (The number of hits is close to 20 ;))

I think it is good that he structured the pack in several subdirectories... you know that you cannot expect a polished map for ten minutes of speed mapping, yet it offers some more diversity. Concerning the mentioned checkpoints, I agree, some of the reworked maps (Straining, recovery... ) seem to miss respawn points that were present in earlier versions.
bonifarz

Postby TristamK » 31 Jul 2013, 21:55

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:
TristamK {l Wrote}:Total maps = 207

Mind = blown.

Ya. A lot of maps created since RE v1.0...
TheLastProject {l Wrote}:Х-rooms v0.7.
- Beautiful map, but way too long. Also too difficult for the average player. However, a nice map if you want to see how good a map can look. Performance is "meh" due to the high visibility and lots of water.

This map looks so good ? o_0 :)
greaserpirate {l Wrote}:Holiday is a really nice-looking map with a good concept, but you should definitely make the entrance to the final tomb easier to see, I lost a lot of time wondering why there was an invisible wall keeping me from the pyramid on the other side (also not good). Also, the spikes on top can't hurt you, while the spikes on the bottom kill you if you even step between them; maybe make them each half covered by death material instead of one fully covered and the other not at all.

Done. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3gir4 ... ys-fix.zip - fixed version.
About spikes...here problem in engine, isn't in my map. I think. On spikes plotted appropriate materials (noclip+death). If need, i can show map-example But since it doesn't work spikes from bottom were removed.
Link to the topic with map Holidays added to the first post.
greaserpirate {l Wrote}:On haltrix, you might want to lower the fog a little bit so players can see what's after the drops..

Hm. Idk. I changed the value from 450 to 700 and perception of map isn't changed. But i did some small fixes, so fixed version will be included in next version of Map Pack.
greaserpirate {l Wrote}:On hot_r1, you might want to give a better reason for killing the player than "choice wrong way", maybe by adding steam to the tops and saying "was fried by the sun" or just adding spikes. Also, it's "chose the wrong way", just so you know.

When you made more than 100 maps, it is quite difficult to come up with new names for obitdeath, obitwater ect.
I would be only too pleased if you pointed to similar discrepancy on the other maps
Also , i think "was fried by the sun" doesn't hear good too...so i changed "obitdeath" value to "died from contact with the hot surface". It seems more logical.
And i find places where i can make some improvements. So maps will improved.
Fixed version will be included in next version of Map Pack.
Ulukai {l Wrote}:Some maps are better than others, and while most of them are fun despite of the unfinished state they are in, I think you would reach a bigger audience with like 20 high quality maps than say 100 semi-finished maps.

I will try explain some reasons why i make maps and why didn't improve so much old maps.
1) I'm creating map only when I have an interest in it (or motivation ).And if I will do more strong and detailed maps, then I'll lose interest before than the map will be completed.
2) Undetailed maps - it's can be a part of idea. And if the map was created with this idea initially, I didn't want to change it.I can only improve its (but you will notice a texture errors on maps - you can say about it to me, and i will fix it in short time)
3) I like make different thing. So that the quantity and diversity outweigh quality.
And if you will check my last maps, you will see, that this maps looks much better then my oldest maps. This maps looks still isn't so good as I would like, but looks good.
Idk how explain my opinion better :)
bonifarz {l Wrote}:I have the impression the point of the map pack is to make an extensive collection of maps easily accessible.

Sure.
Any suggestions for improving this map pack ? Maybe required some changes in readme ? Maybe needed add to readme some more text about maps ?
bonifarz {l Wrote}:Concerning the mentioned checkpoints, I agree, some of the reworked maps (Straining, recovery... ) seem to miss respawn points that were present in earlier versions.

Straining fixed already (idk how i deleted this checkpoints o_0). But recovery have checkpoints. Sure, i did some improvements, it will be work better now.

Few words for all who will test maps from this map pack.
Can you test few maps : df_havoc_normal (or other maps with "df_" in name), race006-sp, dw_demo, mystic-normal ? This maps originally created for modified time-trial but since some things stop work i create version for playing on servers with default settings. So i need to know, how it work and how this maps looks
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby bonifarz » 01 Aug 2013, 16:55

TristamK {l Wrote}:Can you test few maps : df_havoc_normal (or other maps with "df_" in name), race006-sp, dw_demo, mystic-normal ? This maps originally created for modified time-trial but since some things stop work i create version for playing on servers with default settings. So i need to know, how it work and how this maps looks

Ah yes, the defrag mod, right? A pity i have not really tried it when that server was up. In case that helps, I just extracted all non-default coast values from the config files. I guess they should be the same in all df_ maps? Some still seem to use defaults. I hope that helps:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
         DeathWater-LT3-sp.cfg              // aircoast 200.0
         DeathWater-LT3-sp.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
                 GhostCity.cfg               // aircoast 40.0
                 GhostCity.cfg             // floorcoast 10.0
               HaPi-normal.cfg               // aircoast 10.0
          JumpMaze1-normal.cfg              // aircoast 100.0
          JumpMaze1-normal.cfg            // floorcoast 200.0
                  LongRoad.cfg               // aircoast 75.0
                  LongRoad.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
              MiniRocks-sp.cfg               // aircoast 15.0
                  Reaction.cfg              // aircoast 200.0
                  Reaction.cfg             // floorcoast 10.0
                  Reaction.cfg            // slidecoast 100.0
     RollerCoaster-LT41-sp.cfg               // aircoast 50.0
     RollerCoaster-LT41-sp.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
     RollerCoaster-LT41-sp.cfg            // slidecoast 500.0
            Synergy-Normal.cfg              // aircoast 100.0
            Synergy-Normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
            Synergy-Normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
                   Synergy.cfg               // aircoast 70.0
                   Synergy.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
                   Synergy.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
          TronTime-LT37-sp.cfg              // aircoast 200.0
                    castle.cfg                   aircoast 8.0
            df_city-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
            df_city-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
            df_city-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
           df_cubes-normal.cfg              // aircoast 200.0
           df_cubes-normal.cfg            // floorcoast 600.0
          df_desert-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
          df_desert-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
          df_desert-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
        df_expellam_normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
        df_expellam_normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
        df_expellam_normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
            df_fame-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
            df_fame-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
            df_fame-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
           df_havoc_normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
           df_havoc_normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
           df_havoc_normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
        df_lodestar_normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
        df_lodestar_normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
        df_lodestar_normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
        df_maturate-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
        df_maturate-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
        df_maturate-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
          df_outlet-normal.cfg              // aircoast 200.0
          df_outlet-normal.cfg            // floorcoast 400.0
         df_redrock-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
         df_redrock-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
         df_redrock-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
        df_revilium_normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
        df_revilium_normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
        df_revilium_normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
        df_velocita-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
        df_velocita-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
        df_velocita-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
           dw_canal-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
           dw_canal-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
           dw_canal-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
            dw_demo-normal.cfg             // aircoast 1000.0
            dw_demo-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
            dw_demo-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
                ghost_city.cfg               // aircoast 40.0
                ghost_city.cfg             // floorcoast 10.0
                  halfpipe.cfg         texcoastscale 0.100000
                       ire.cfg               // aircoast 50.0
         jm_amnesia-normal.cfg               // aircoast 12.0
           jm_cosmo-normal.cfg               // aircoast 10.0
          jm_jungle-normal.cfg               // aircoast 15.0
         mariolandpart2-sp.cfg               // aircoast 10.0
             mystic-normal.cfg               // aircoast 70.0
             mystic-normal.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
             mystic-normal.cfg           // slidecoast 1000.0
                race006-sp.cfg               // aircoast 10.0
            tetris-race-sp.cfg               // aircoast 10.0
                 trials-sp.cfg               // aircoast 10.0
              uberslide-sp.cfg           // floorcoast 1000.0
          vrtraining01-ifp.cfg               // aircoast 60.0
bonifarz

Postby TristamK » 06 Aug 2013, 20:42

I guess they should be the same in all df_ maps? Some still seem to use defaults

Yes, variables on some df_ maps are different and some variables set by default too. When i start change map's variables i notice, that with the same variables some maps work bad, so i start change variables for better playability. Variables made in such manner that every players felt comfortable. But yes, variables need fixed for better balance.

Some news about update :
Maps df_fun-hard, df_fun-mini, df_tube by TemaX ([RM]Temka) will added in next update of archive. This a ex-defrag maps but i didn't notice that this maps can be playable in normal time-trial.

Also iam updated hot_r1 so you can look on it now. "Obitdeath" and one part of map changed.
Attachments
Hot_r1_new_06082013.zip
Update of map ^^
(183.99 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby qreeves » 06 Aug 2013, 22:59

Anyone keen to go through these and collect a sample for possible inclusion in RE? I'm living in my car again, so it may be a while before I can wade through such a large set. I don't mind that *world* variables are changed, just not anything that modifies *game/user* variables.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby radiant » 06 Aug 2013, 23:18

df_badroad is playable with the default variables too, but it isn't really interesting that way and of course there's only going to be time for one lap at most with the default time limit. Just in case it's worth including for the sake of completion.
radiant

Postby bonifarz » 07 Aug 2013, 09:49

qreeves {l Wrote}:Anyone keen to go through these and collect a sample for possible inclusion in RE?

It seems the most polished ones of these maps already do have their separate topics. I will try to give some feedback on maps that were not originally created by TristamK, as I am sure he will keep you informed on maps he would like to see included.
One particular map that has been an all-time-favorite in trial-games is escape: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2110
I have seen at least four different versions of this map, plus two or more "hard" versions. Often there were problems with the custom sounds, so we should probably have a look at the latest version in TristamK's package. Considering the high popularity and different style of the map, I think it would make a nice addition.
bonifarz

Postby TristamK » 12 Aug 2013, 12:04

radiant {l Wrote}:df_badroad is playable with the default variables too, but it isn't really interesting that way and of course there's only going to be time for one lap at most with the default time limit. Just in case it's worth including for the sake of completion.

Here needed to much work for fixing this map. That why it still isn't included
qreeves {l Wrote}:Anyone keen to go through these and collect a sample for possible inclusion in RE?

I think here need a look on gameplay on map. If gameplay is good but map looks bad - i can fix it.
bonifarz {l Wrote}:It seems the most polished ones of these maps already do have their separate topics

Not all boni. Not all. :) Try look on map "ire". Gameplay on it isn't bad but looks "meh"
bonifarz {l Wrote}:One particular map that has been an all-time-favorite in trial-games is escape: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2110
I have seen at least four different versions of this map, plus two or more "hard" versions. Often there were problems with the custom sounds, so we should probably have a look at the latest version in TristamK's package. Considering the high popularity and different style of the map, I think it would make a nice addition.

In this pack the latest version with my fixes (a lot of geometry fixes some light fixes). And map have only 2 version - easy and hard.
License of map map - CC-BY-SA 3.0. I can contact with author if it needed.
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby TristamK » 12 Aug 2013, 20:35

-Map nl-demo-normal and nl_stone by Temka fixed by Me
-Map post-018 by Temka (deleted part of map Port) - checkpoints and lights added
-Map Port by Temka fixed and Textures replaced.
All of this maps will added to the next maps pack
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby TristamK » 22 Aug 2013, 14:35

Full list of maps that will be added in next map pack :
Some maps attached to the post
airtortures - texture on walls changed, some minor things added
beta - multi-mode map by Temka. This map support time-trial so i added it too.
BlackWater-RR7 - fixed water glitch.
carve - new map by michel
cityroof1 (ex be_pr_1) - old map created by Temka. Since he left to Minecraft and didn't work with Cube 2 anymore so i get his blank map and remade it for time-trial. You can download it already in attached archive
Construct-Jump - fixed first part of map. Color of light changed
df_fun-hard - playable map from Defrag mod by Temka
df_fun-mini - playable map from Defrag mod by Temka
df_tube - playable map from Defrag mod by Temka
exotic - new map by Sniper-Goth
ExtremeRun-RR3 - a lot of small fixes.
ft-color-normal - originally map created for flag-run mode but since process server fall this map remaded for time-trial
haltrix - minor fixes
holidays - fixed spikes
hot_r1 - one part of map changed + some fixes
inverted - new map by Sniper-Goth
maze_home - maze map by Temka
Mono - main texture changed, texture fixed
nexumus - minor fix
nexumus_inverted - inverted last and first checkpoint. I can invert other maps too if someone want it
nl_demo-normal - old map created by Temka, fixed by Me
nl_stone - new map based of Temkas work
O1 - concept map created by Temka
Path - increased size of particles
Port - good-old black-white style returned
port-018 - deleted part from map Port
Pyrolis - some fixes, new map added
Recovery - minor fix with checkpoints
Straining2 - fixed version of map
SunsetRace-RR2 - pushers work as it required now. Hard jump in one place of map fixed. End of map changed a bit
tonatiuh - new map by Boni
UT01,02,03 - new maps by Unnamed will be added in next map pack too.
Attachments
screenshot.0129.png
screenshot.0125.png
screenshot.0122.png
Newmaps_22082013.zip
(4.32 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
Last edited by TristamK on 22 Aug 2013, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Re: STORAGE: Maps&Times. Map pack v1.1 New maps added

Postby ballist1c » 22 Aug 2013, 14:49

"Sniper-Gotch" :D

i look forward to it!
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby TristamK » 22 Aug 2013, 15:22

ballist1c {l Wrote}:"Sniper-Gotch" :D

fixed)
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby Evropi » 23 Aug 2013, 00:15

A while back I promised in IRC to test all of the maps and see if any of them are up for inclusion in the Subversion tree. If there's anything we need, it's certainly high quality time-trial maps. Time-trials are like movies; you watch them once and forget about them. Most other maps are like music; they can still be fun on repeat. This is why I began this task.

Well, I don't think I can complete it (I have done all maps apart from the ones in the "TristramK" folder). I'll let you know by the end of the week, otherwise I will release an Evropi mini map pack based on 1.0, of the best or otherwise intriguing (e.g. very pretty) maps from community map pack 1.0.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby Ulukai » 23 Aug 2013, 06:41

Evropi {l Wrote}:A while back I promised in IRC to test all of the maps and see if any of them are up for inclusion in the Subversion tree. If there's anything we need, it's certainly high quality time-trial maps. Time-trials are like movies; you watch them once and forget about them. Most other maps are like music; they can still be fun on repeat. This is why I began this task.

Well, I don't think I can complete it (I have done all maps apart from the ones in the "TristramK" folder). I'll let you know by the end of the week, otherwise I will release an Evropi mini map pack based on 1.0, of the best or otherwise intriguing (e.g. very pretty) maps from community map pack 1.0.

Sounds like a good plan, the amount of maps is really overwhelming. And I agree that we need more time trial maps in the game if we want it to become a bit more popular.
Ulukai

Postby Dratz-_C » 23 Aug 2013, 20:46

TristamK,
Your signature says that you will be off-line from August 27. How long will this disconnection last?
Cheers
Dratz-_C