[Map] cutec v1.6

Re: [Map] cutec v1.6

Postby arand » 01 Feb 2013, 00:29

If you think that changing it is a good idea (since it's only my opinion, it's your map); if you supply a changed version I could upload it if you want.

EDIT: Oh, I might have misunderstood your reply, were you wanting someone to just upload it or to do the change as well? If the latter (and if you want as per above), do you want it in the center or on the platform? (I consider you better qualified for that decision as the mapper ;))
arand

Postby Ulukai » 01 Feb 2013, 00:53

I'm sorry, I read raiden's reply and changed the location, it is uploaded to SVN already. I placed it on the higher level between the 2 bases, right where the DTF position is as well. The lower level seemed so full already.
I hope this is okay, otherwise we can still change it.
Ulukai

Postby qreeves » 01 Feb 2013, 02:43

Don't apologise, this is why we use version control.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby raiden » 01 Feb 2013, 11:58

Yeah, no problem Ulukai, I have to thank you. This is no groundbreaking change, but could be a help for newbies, indeed. An improved playability is a good reason for a change. Tiny improvements will follow anyway here and there :).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby Dratz-_C » 02 Feb 2013, 04:52

I like the change and will emulate it Quaternion.
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Re: [Map] cutec v1.7

Postby raiden » 25 Mar 2013, 15:05

Well, I realized some (minor) issues on the map in RE 1.4, while testplaying. Because of that I started to fix this. Below I show a short list of the issues I found and what I did. If there are other things, more important than aesthetics, so please tell me here. Although I hope this will not be necessary :). If you have also a solution, this would be the best :D . I took a new version number, where all possible changes will be a part of then.
After some time I will probably open a ticket on the RE tracker, so that we can implement this to the SVN hopefully later at least.

cutec 1.7.zip
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 307 times

changes:

_fixed textures and geometry on the middle platform (weaponpads)

_fixed colors for the particles, especially in the blue base (the color value made them green instead of blue in FFA matches and in teamgames also - palette settings and color) now each base has the color it should have (also a bit more smooth than before)

_varified particles on the middleplatform (minor change)

_fixed a teleport issue, while porting from roof to roof, of the bases:
    sometimes, when the player was too fast, he arrived behind the target portal and the push value was a bit too high, when leaving the targeted portal - I tweaked the push value of the teleport a bit down and added cliping material behind the portals
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby radiant » 16 Jul 2013, 16:37

Grenades, mines, and rockets that touch the surface of the central platform have a nasty habit of disappearing entirely, as though they're passing through it and hitting the teleport entities underneath. Can anything be done about that, possibly alongside the addition of the 9th "safety net" teleport so players don't get hosed for getting too close the the center of the underside?

One fascinating possibility for a structural change would be the addition of (solid) windows to the bases, about where the mid-level terminals are now. This map is quite prone to facilitating sniper wars, and if you provide windows to look through, it would be possible to scout out the other base for players standing suspiciously still, without you being able to hit them or them being able to hit you (of course, someone could still sneak up behind you for a close-range ambush--don't spend too long!) After you find out exactly where they're hiding, you could head up top and warp into their base for a quick, effective strike. It's worth thinking about.
radiant

Postby Ulukai » 19 Jul 2013, 08:34

radiant {l Wrote}:Grenades, mines, and rockets that touch the surface of the central platform have a nasty habit of disappearing entirely, as though they're passing through it and hitting the teleport entities underneath. Can anything be done about that, possibly alongside the addition of the 9th "safety net" teleport so players don't get hosed for getting too close the the center of the underside?

One fascinating possibility for a structural change would be the addition of (solid) windows to the bases, about where the mid-level terminals are now. This map is quite prone to facilitating sniper wars, and if you provide windows to look through, it would be possible to scout out the other base for players standing suspiciously still, without you being able to hit them or them being able to hit you (of course, someone could still sneak up behind you for a close-range ambush--don't spend too long!) After you find out exactly where they're hiding, you could head up top and warp into their base for a quick, effective strike. It's worth thinking about.

Hmmm, I agree. This map encourages sniping quite a bit, and surely in insta it is very obvious. It might be a good idea to gather more ideas of other players about this, but it definitely is worth thinking about it.
Ulukai