[map] sorn 1.3

Re: sorn 1.3 is out

Postby raiden » 14 Aug 2012, 09:59

I was not able to react earlier here, because I was not at home for some days. Thanks for your feedback and hints here. When I know which steps are required to better the map, I 'll try my best to fix this hopefully early enough and maybe the map becomes official status then. Since there is enough to do for me, I have no plans for a new project atm. Later I will start another map maybe... :) . Thanks 4rson for adding this to the server.
Last edited by raiden on 14 Aug 2012, 13:21, edited 2 times in total.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby raiden » 14 Aug 2012, 13:07

Yes, maybe but both teams are able to do so. Besides that you have a team and some people can protect the flag. It's relatively open which way the thiev chooses. It is difficult to balance the fairness for both teams on such an unsymmetrical map. It would be sad to remove the gates also... . I wanted to speed up the gameplay back then. So I decided to connect each of the opposing edges of the map with each other(, building the 'X'-form).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden

Postby Fallen » 14 Aug 2012, 13:13

raiden {l Wrote}: It would be sad to remove the gates also... .

Maybe just disable it on ctf ? Players should have 15-30 seconds challenge to carry enemy flag back to base, so quick captures are not good, because then there's no way to use strategy or even create one...
Sentenced to the Eternal Damnation...

BloodFrontier...

+++ Sorry for my English +++
Fallen

Postby raiden » 14 Aug 2012, 13:18

You could be right here Fallen, yes. When I would know, how to disable them in ctf, I would do so. Maybe this could be solved by editing the maps config file... .
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden

Postby Fallen » 14 Aug 2012, 13:37

Hmm... yeah... I haven't noticed that there's no way to set in wich gamemodes it should exist like some ents can be set...
Sentenced to the Eternal Damnation...

BloodFrontier...

+++ Sorry for my English +++
Fallen

Re: [map] sorn 1.3

Postby raiden » 09 Oct 2012, 15:49

Well, I took a look back into my map sorn and I decided not to support this map any longer. The reason is that this would be too much work. There are so many small things that need a change (: texturing, lighting, geometric details,...) to speed up the map and to let it not look like a puzzle, but like out of one piece. This was my first map and it was like a sandbox for me, to find out how to use the editor. The result is also a bit like a sandbox. The map became more and more details, which would make it hard to bring it into the direction for the official status.
That would need time, of which I havn't enough at the moment. Thats sad indeed, because there are many nice things and ideas in the map and it is well playable, but I can't change that atm., I'm sorry.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden