MAP: Superrunning Mk II

MAP: Superrunning Mk II

Postby count+step » 26 Mar 2011, 04:22

I made a map for Sauerbraten a long time ago that I named Superrunning. It was supposed to be a small map that had great fluidity of movement. (Or at least multiple pathways...)
I updated it once or twice and then forgot about it. I remember a couple of people liking it, but I don't know if it was ever played on any major servers or not. The node is still up on Quadropolis if you search for "Superrunning".
Anyway, I made an updated version of it for Red Eclipse, and I'm interested in how it works out. I think the parkour movement and the jetpack probably help the design concepts, but I need feedback and comments in order to make this map better. I have posted a message on the Sauerbraten forums as well, but I don't know how frequently people check those. >.<

So, here's the node on Quadropolis:
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3025

It's currently an alpha, but is fully playable. It has support for CTF, Bomb, and Defend. (If by support, I mean the ents are there -.<)
I have no idea how to do bot support. They can certainly spawn in, but I don't know if they would be able to play this map as well as a human could.

Have fun! If you don't like it, then you can at least call me an old cheat for having my first Red Eclipse map be an update of my old Sauer map. XD
count+step