MAP: Battlefield (BF "Warground" remake)

Re: MAP: Battlefield (BF "Warground" remake)

Postby ballist1c » 15 Oct 2012, 21:48

Yes, the lower ground part is the best part of the map - however the excessive use of white neon hurts my eyes and just gets annoying. The arrows need some work and should probably scroll as well. If Ulukai took the base ground area from this map I feel we would have a winner :)
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby Ulukai » 15 Oct 2012, 22:46

Actually, this is more what my ground level is starting to look like:
screenshot.0002.png

Only a few days of work left my friends... ;)
Ulukai

Postby ballist1c » 15 Oct 2012, 23:14

Critique so far:

Lower ground needs something, either detailed topography or a layer of water to break up that repetitive texture
Arrows on the top and on the sides need bordering, and make them scroll
More detailing on four pillars and pillars holding up bases

Coming along well, and it doesn't hurt to add your own original small details a la cutec ;)
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby quintux_v » 16 Oct 2012, 04:06

ballist1c {l Wrote}:If Ulukai took the base ground area from this map I feel we would have a winner

Completely agreed, let's then get raiden to
ballist1c {l Wrote}:add your own original small details a la cutec
and it'll be a great map. I'm already looking very forward to the next release, which hopeful will include all of these.
[eX] member
aliases: quintux_v | blakthunder
quintux_v

Postby Ulukai » 16 Oct 2012, 06:58

The ground texture is broken with the bomb craters, here and there soms places will pe sticking out a bit too. Remember that this is a quite open map, and adding too much relief or water will slow down everything again. Better have a rather simple, but nice-looking map than a work of art that is unplayable for most players.

And yes, the arrows on the walls scroll.
Ulukai

Postby DrachenComputer » 16 Oct 2012, 08:50

Yes there is a bit of the map "wet" and a bit of "dropzone" i like these parts and think the lightning on the towers will bring a bit light in this dark map.
DrachenComputer is >DOOM< clan Officer. Visit >DOOM< clan here: http://www.redoomclan.tk
Visit DrachenComputer on facebook.
DrachenComputer

Postby DrachenComputer » 16 Oct 2012, 17:30

This video shows my version of the map Battlefield

youtu.be/omn_-EpuZN4
DrachenComputer is >DOOM< clan Officer. Visit >DOOM< clan here: http://www.redoomclan.tk
DrachenComputer

Postby Ulukai » 18 Oct 2012, 00:47

I finally have the finished version ready. It took me 10-15 hours to complete the map, but I'm very happy with the result and I tried to bring back some elements from the original warground. You can find a couple of screenshots below and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Download Battlefield v1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?gsl3dh1cr2p3age

Edit: I copied the license file from my previous maps, and forgot to add Quin's name in it. Of course he should be mentioned here as well.

screenshot.0002.jpeg

screenshot.0004.jpeg

screenshot.0008.jpeg

screenshot.0007.jpeg

screenshot.0005.jpeg
Ulukai

Postby raiden » 18 Oct 2012, 13:56

Have it. Same as erosion. I'm snoopy to play them :) .
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby D.A.M.I.E.N. » 18 Oct 2012, 15:26

Looks quite good. Texturing could be more attractive though. But you guys totally forgot something, huh? Environment sounds? There is neon light, so give it some electro sound? There is water, so give it some water sound? There kinda basement, so give it some kinda ambient sound? All in all there is a sound effect on jump pads only. Anyway, good to see that the map is getting to be finished, althought I supposed that the passes in the building will stay, because it's interesting to have a combination of open and closed area. Now it is about 97% open map. It keeps more the original arrangement of BF map though.
D.A.M.I.E.N.

Postby Ulukai » 18 Oct 2012, 15:40

D.A.M.I.E.N. {l Wrote}:Looks quite good. Texturing could be more attractive though. But you guys totally forgot something, huh? Environment sounds? There is neon light, so give it some electro sound? There is water, so give it some water sound? There kinda basement, so give it some kinda ambient sound? All in all there is a sound effect on jump pads only. Anyway, good to see that the map is getting to be finished, althought I supposed that the passes in the building will stay, because it's interesting to have a combination of open and closed area. Now it is about 97% open map. It keeps more the original arrangement of BF map though.

You're right! I forgot about the sounds effects because I had my sound turned off when editing because my son was asleep next to me! :D I will add some sounds soon and re-upload.

I like the layout as it is. We can use some smaller maps with fast action and many parkour possibilities and this is one. Quin also stated that he was happy with this layout and just wanted some finishing touches on it, which I agree with because it stays true to the original in a modern way.
Ulukai

Postby Ulukai » 18 Oct 2012, 18:56

v1.1 with added sounds, slightly improved botpaths and a correct license file. Thanks Damien for the pointer.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?obhao2mfoma39ct
Ulukai

Postby raiden » 18 Oct 2012, 19:56

A quickfix ? :) no thing. I played a bit with bots. I needed a bit longer to become familiar with that map, but now I like it. In some areas I had probably also used other textures, but I see that as a question of personal taste. Overall the texturing is good! So I can't really add something new, maybe somebody else has more to say. In conclusion: this map should be tested in onlineplay.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby Ulukai » 18 Oct 2012, 22:01

Thanks for testing, I'm glad you like it. I agree that texturing is a personal preference. There are many RE maps where I would change some textures here and there, it's a matter of taste, but that doesn't mean they are bad maps. You're free to change some textures to my version, they're not set in stone or something. It could make the map better or simply different, but this is how I personally like it. I think the sturdy sci-fi look suits the game very well.
Ulukai

Postby DrachenComputer » 18 Oct 2012, 22:57

Here are 4 versions of the map, we should decide wich one is the best :)
DrachenComputer

Postby Ulukai » 19 Oct 2012, 13:55

DrachenComputer {l Wrote}:Here are 4 versions of the map, we should decide wich one is the best :)

Apparently it's already included in SVN: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/redecl ... geset/4445
Ulukai

Postby qreeves » 19 Oct 2012, 13:59

Yes, I chose Ulukai's. I think his choice of texturing and dedication to the original has once again done us proud.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Rabidbutton » 19 Oct 2012, 14:39

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, It appears there is a fuzz around the arrows...
Attachments
battleground.jpg
Rabidbutton

Postby Ulukai » 19 Oct 2012, 14:45

Rabidbutton {l Wrote}:I probably should have mentioned this earlier, It appears there is a fuzz around the arrows...

I'm not having this on a Nvidia card. I just tested on an Intel laptop and it seems to appear there yes but I don't know why. What card are you using? I'll see what I can do.
Ulukai

Postby John_III » 19 Oct 2012, 16:34

Nice work, the map looks great.

I also have the arrow "fuzz." I am using an AMD Radeon HD 6770M.
John_III

Postby Ulukai » 19 Oct 2012, 23:35

Fixed the arrow fuzz in SVN r4453: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/redecl ... geset/4453
For those without SVN, you can also simply download the modified files from this link.
Ulukai