[Script][Mapping] MappingAutoSave.cfg -- AutoSave your maps!

[Script][Mapping] MappingAutoSave.cfg -- AutoSave your maps!

Postby ZeroKnight » 01 Nov 2012, 00:37

Losing your work just got a whole lot more difficult! I've written a script that will automatically save your map to a subdirectory in your maps folder named "autosaves", every X minutes that you define.
To make things easy, I've assembled instructions, the download, and a more detailed description in my Archive Thread, so head over there to grab the script :)

Unfortunately, I can't add an anchor to the link, so you'll have to find it in the list. To ease your searching, it's the first under "CubeScript Creations" >> "Scripts". (You can always just search with Ctrl+F too :P)

Hope the script is useful, and that people enjoy it :) Cheers.
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Re: [Script][Mapping] MappingAutoSave.cfg -- AutoSave your m

Postby bonifarz » 01 Nov 2012, 08:39

Can you clarify the main differences to the automatic backups that are already a regular game feature?
bonifarz

Re: [Script][Mapping] MappingAutoSave.cfg -- AutoSave your m

Postby ZeroKnight » 01 Nov 2012, 22:47

If you're referring to homedir/backups/maps, they aren't regular backups, they're copies of previous revisions and aren't automatic. A "revision" is every time you save the map (the "(r###)" next to your mapname), and each revision is stored in the backups/maps dir.

And actually, now that I think about it, since the auto-save is...well, a save, that means it would count as another revision, and thus also get stored to maps/backups. So if you think about it, you get automated backups too! :D
Awesome, you made me realize my Script is double useful :D
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight