Demo sharing thread

Demo sharing thread

Postby greaserpirate » 27 Mar 2013, 04:44

I'm thinking that we should get together some demos for new trailer footage. Here is a place to share demos of your favourite matches.

How to obtain a demo file: During intermission, after the server says "demo recorded", type /getdemo. To play your demo back, type /demo and then TAB to go through the list of your demos. The .dmo files can be found in your RE home directory (where your maps and screenshots are), and you might want to rename them for clarity if you can.

Hopefully we can get some awesome footage so people will begin to understand how exciting this game is.

(I'll be posting a demo tomorrow)

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Re: Demo sharing thread

Postby Ulukai » 27 Mar 2013, 10:36

What is the option to auto-keep the last few matches you played, both for offline and online play? If I have some good ones, I'll post too.
Btw, I believe both Lucky and John are working on a new trailer. It takes time of course, but eventually there will be one.
Ulukai

Postby qreeves » 27 Mar 2013, 13:15

Ulukai {l Wrote}:What is the option to auto-keep the last few matches you played, both for offline and online play? If I have some good ones, I'll post too.
Btw, I believe both Lucky and John are working on a new trailer. It takes time of course, but eventually there will be one.

It is on by default, simply getdemo after the scoreboard intermission phase (when it says "demo XXXX recorded"). FWIW, the variable is demoautorec.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby raiden » 27 Mar 2013, 14:05

qreeves {l Wrote}:It is on by default, simply getdemo after the scoreboard intermission phase (when it says "demo XXXX recorded"). FWIW, the variable is demoautorec.

I figured it out, also. This makes it more comfortable, since /recorddemo 1 isn't necessary anymore, when autorecord is active. So I could record my first demo files easily, which is nice.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby riidom » 27 Mar 2013, 17:25

I'd love to see a bomberball match in trailer too, preferably dutility or dropzone. With some players that have a bit bb experience, so we can get some nice passes, throws and goalkeeper-catches. And if anyone would be up to commenting it from flycam, so it looks a bit TV-style, that would be greatest thing ever :)
riidom

Postby Sniper-Goth » 27 Mar 2013, 18:16

I have some videos recorded from RE in my youtube channel, maybe we can use some of them?
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth

Postby LuckyStrike-Rx » 27 Mar 2013, 20:27

Plz ppl upload demos kthx.

Anyway It would be cool to makes more regular official videos
LuckyStrike-Rx

Postby raiden » 28 Mar 2013, 17:20

To make a beginning, I post a first demo-file. It's an instagib match agains bots. This is maybe not very representative for the game, but it's an addition. Who knows, maybe someone could need this yet :p . (For a trailer some real moviefiles would be certainly better.)
100bots.zip
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 332 times
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby John_III » 28 Mar 2013, 22:51

Nice, keep 'em coming!

A consideration with posting movie files is the need to keep the format consistent - resolution, encoding, etc, However, it would greatly speed up the process of producing a trailer.

If anybody is considering posting a video file for use in a trailer, please use /shownotices 0 and /chatconsize 0. Also, we'd also need to decide on a particular format to use.

Music should be disabled as well.
John_III

Postby qreeves » 29 Mar 2013, 00:47

At least: MP4 h.264 (or WebM VP8) on good quality single pass settings at 1280x720. MP3 (or OGG Vorbis) 192kbps 44.1kHz Stereo.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby greaserpirate » 29 Mar 2013, 01:55

Nice footage, Raiden!

Here are some demos I recorded on Wednesday March 27. I was hoping to upload some demos from 1.3, but they weren't compatible, so I went onto the Wazu insta bomberball server and recorded some demos.

Demos, in order of best to worst:

Wet: The last match of the day, which involved a lot of impressive parkour. Zireus and Baconwrap did well.
Ghost: I wasn't actually there for the match, but Toon and BigRobi were; BigRobi was probably the most interesting to spectate, but his sensitivity made me dizzy at times.
Dutility: Second match, with jetpacks. I kinda sucked for the first 30 seconds, but after that I got the hang of it. There were a lot of long-range shots.
Fourplex: Jetpack map that took me a while to figure out was keepaway. Didn't strike me as particularly exciting, but gameplay was probably more interesting than Cutec one.
Deadsimple: multi-survivor; Fun match, but I'm not sure about how it looks to spectate, since it was pretty much spawn-grab-run-shoot-repeat.
Cutec: First match of the day, and it could have been a lot better; I did a lot of dumb things like falling off the platforms and being way too trigger-happy. Teammates mostly sniped while I charged straight towards the enemy base, but at 8:00 remaining and 7:15 remaining there was some good combat inside the bases. I should probably try and get better footage for Cutec.
Wed_27_demos_GP.zip
OP delivers
(4.72 MiB) Downloaded 338 times

Anyway, I'd love it if we could arrange a match with experienced players for an arena-TDM on Institute or Panic, an insta-ffa on Ghost or Bloodlust, and a (better) CTF or TDM on Cutec. Kaboom would be cool too. Maybe some time-trial maps too?

Also, for people making videos: I find that /bloom 0.2 makes things look a lot better; it's subtle but really brings out the radiance in a lot of maps.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby bonifarz » 09 Apr 2013, 17:14

This topic needs some trial!

At the moment my favorite trial map is test room 3 and here is the most interesting time trial replay i can offer for now.
testroom3.time2.01.dmo.zip
test room 3 V1.1, topic link above. Can you beat it in two minutes?
(81.87 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
(I know zipping is pointless, but the dmo extension is not allowed)
It would be great to collect more trial demos either here or in TristamKs trial topic.
bonifarz

Postby Ulukai » 29 Jul 2013, 00:40

Lately I spent too many nights playing all the nice Steam games from Valve that I had to miss for ages on Linux, but I missed the gameplay of RE too much and wanted to get into the game again more often. This is a demo of insta on Linear while I had a good evening :) What you see most on insta Linear is all camping and sniping, but I decided to use a different approach and use this in my advantage by attacking very agressively. You might see some of the new stuff of v1.4 in it as well like the gory headshots, flying bodies on pushers, using pushers to launch grenades etc.

Usually I don't use the zoom button very often in insta except for very long ranges. How do you guys handle medium-ranged kills? Quick zoom and shoot or trying to get the aim right and shoot without zooming?

Please rename .zip to .dmo to view the demo.
Attachments
20130729005333.zip
(853.03 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Ulukai

Postby unixfreak » 31 Jul 2013, 01:55

Here's one of ctf on ghost i have lying about, had to save it because at about 6:50 on the game timer, i misclick after spawning and get a kill across the map lol. :cool:

PS; Is there demo controls? Like gamespeed and rewind/fast forwards?
Attachments
20130518214616.dmo.zip
(882.59 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
unixfreak

Postby greaserpirate » 31 Jul 2013, 04:27

unixfreak {l Wrote}:
PS; Is there demo controls? Like gamespeed and rewind/fast forwards?

You have to change sv_gamespeed for some reason I think, that's just fast-forward, idk about rewind (I hope there is)

There's a good menu for movie controls on the forum somewhere, but I forget where.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby bonifarz » 31 Jul 2013, 13:00

unixfreak {l Wrote}:PS; Is there demo controls? Like gamespeed and rewind/fast forwards?

I once made a simple script that allows to fast forward to a given time stamp or by a chosen time interval.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3597
Meanwhile, the icon paths are broken for sure, so maybe i should update it to RE 1.4 ;) (EDIT: Done.)
bonifarz

Postby bonifarz » 07 Aug 2013, 16:56

I just recorded new dmo files for the seven official time-trial maps. The times are certainly not perfect, but hopefully fast enough to make the demos worth watching.
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
cyanide         46.100
hawk            21.950
hinder          55.671
neodrive        39.150
purge         1:25.350
steelrat        46.250
testchamber     21.250
Attachments
trialBoni.zip
dmo files for the seven trial maps
(419.36 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
bonifarz

Postby Ulukai » 07 Aug 2013, 20:34

bonifarz {l Wrote}:I just recorded new dmo files for the seven official time-trial maps. The times are certainly not perfect, but hopefully fast enough to make the demos worth watching.
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
cyanide         46.100
hawk            21.950
hinder          55.671
neodrive        39.150
purge         1:25.350
steelrat        46.250
testchamber     21.250

Interesting! You did well. Time trial is underrated and I often forget to vote for it myself too. Will try to do it a little more next times I play online :-)
Ulukai

Postby radiant » 20 Dec 2013, 09:54

Messing with the game speed makes some crazy things possible, like rapid-firing the jump button at 200 Hz. Here's a mostly whimsical demo showing several of the consequences of that. (Best viewed in first person--the free camera won't even come close to keeping up.)
Attachments
slomo.dmo.rename.gz
bomber-ball on battlefield
(69.82 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
radiant

Postby restcoser » 20 Dec 2013, 10:17

For trailer footage, I got a rifle doublekill-firstblood-headshot early on in the demo, might be good :) (livefire)
Attachments
livefireDoubleHS.zip
(664.89 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
restcoser