CONTEST: Create a trailer

Re: CONTEST: Create a trailer

Postby orbitaldecay » 06 Dec 2011, 00:48

Bumpity bump (anybody crank anything out yet?)
[ Wazu Clan ][ irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ http://www.orbitaldecay.com ]
orbitaldecay

Postby TheLastProject » 06 Dec 2011, 08:43

orbitaldecay {l Wrote}:Bumpity bump (anybody crank anything out yet?)

Nothing more than some bad ideas:
Announcer: "Sick of DeathMatch? Try Team-Instagib-Onslaught-Medeival-Expert-Hover-Resize DeathMatch!" <--- Order here is probably a bit off

Kid: "I wish I could create a map easily..."
Announcer: "In Red Eclipse, you can. Based on the CUBE2 Engine, it features one of the easiest yet most effective map editors of all time. You can have your awesome new map created in a matter of hours, instead of a matter of months! Want to create it with a friend? Try co-op edit mode!"
Kid: "And what if I want to share my map? Do I have to zip it and send it to the player in person?"
Announcer: "Heck no, way too difficult. Just start a vote for your map on a server allowing it and if the vote is agreed to, your map will be send to all other players for you to play on together. Less hassle, more fun."

Kid 1: "Look, if I press spacebar I can jump, this game as so awesome!" <--- Crappy CoD game or so
Kid 2: "Look, I can soar through the air, climb on walls, run over them and kick you right in your face!"
Announcer: "EPIC!"

Kid 1: "My game allows me to lock the server to a specific gamemode, how cool is that!"
Kid 2: "My game allows me to change every variable. On my server, players start with double the standard amount of health and the sniper rifle shoots as fast as a machine gun." <--- APOCALYPTIC SERVER, anyone?
Announcer: "TOO MUCH LASERS!!!!"

Announcer: "Red Eclipse. Extreme Gameplay. Extreme Freedom. Extreme Fun. Try it now, free for Windows, MAC and Linux."

Yeah... I hope someone else does something better...
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby inpersona64 » 06 Dec 2011, 09:55

TheLastProject {l Wrote}:
Announcer: "Sick of DeathMatch? Try Team-Instagib-Onslaught-Medeival-Expert-Hover-Resize DeathMatch!" <--- Order here is probably a bit off

Announcer: "Red Eclipse. Extreme Gameplay. Extreme Freedom. Extreme Fun. Try it now, free for Windows, MAC and Linux."

Yeah... I hope someone else does something better...

God, I had fun reading that! :D very much different from our previous trailer, BUT I think it's funny and witty and that can really attract people. I find that if a youtube video can make me laugh, I'll most likely end up favoriting it.
inpersona64

Postby ZeroKnight » 06 Dec 2011, 18:45

If I had any video editing experience whatsoever, I'd have hopped on this in a minute. Alas, I don't, nor do I have sufficient hardware to record at a good framerate with max settings at 720p

Fawstoar said he was going to try pumping something out. Unless we get more interested, he might be our only hope :/
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby inpersona64 » 07 Dec 2011, 02:26

Yeah my recording FPS sucks. But I know some bit about video editing, although Lucky mentioned the video won't really need any editing at all apart from some smooth transitions. If Faws gets some nice footage, or anyone does, I'll be happy to assist with the editing.
inpersona64

Postby fawstoar » 08 Dec 2011, 13:42

Well I took a look at our current trailer over on the homepage, and honestly I don't see why we need to update. It's better than whatever I could create, and it shows off most of the features of the game. I can still do one at some point, but don't expect anything very soon, school is eating up my free time.
-Wasabi
Map flythroughs, RE trailers, etc: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67578B2BCD99FB7B
fawstoar

Postby Dan the Man » 14 Dec 2011, 07:07

How big (in pixels, like 1024x768 or 1280x1024) does this thing have to be?
Dan the Man

Postby arand » 14 Dec 2011, 08:31

Dan the Man {l Wrote}:How big (in pixels, like 1024x768 or 1280x1024) does this thing have to be?

LuckyStrike-Rx {l Wrote}:At least h720 resolution
arand

Postby inpersona64 » 14 Dec 2011, 08:53

arand {l Wrote}:
Dan the Man {l Wrote}:How big (in pixels, like 1024x768 or 1280x1024) does this thing have to be?

Me thinks what he's trying to say is H.264 or 720p which if I'm not mistaken is..

1280x720
inpersona64

Postby Dan the Man » 14 Dec 2011, 15:35

inpersona64 {l Wrote}:
arand {l Wrote}:

Me thinks what he's trying to say is H.264 or 720p which if I'm not mistaken is..

1280x720

Oh, alright. (People like me can't remember that kind of stuff very well)
Dan the Man

Postby Dan the Man » 14 Dec 2011, 16:17

Most people will be out of this contest before even submitting something; their computers won't be able to handle movie recording with highest settings, at 720p. Mind, most people's computers won't even be able to handle high settings without movie recording.
Dan the Man

Postby Architect » 13 Jan 2012, 15:36

i was hoping to see some pitch, roll and yaw for the camera
http://gamecode.tripod.com/tut/tut03.htm
like this
Architect

Postby inpersona64 » 04 Aug 2012, 13:04

Is this dead, or can any one of us start to pick this up? I may have a bit of free time later next month and it would be nice to see a new trailer. My computer can finally run the game optimally (at 720p), but I'm sure with all the newer members of the community, someone else can also do that too.
inpersona64

Postby qreeves » 04 Aug 2012, 13:23

Nobody has picked this up yet, so have at it :) Maybe use SVN, because I'll probably release v1.3 sometime in the near future.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby ballist1c » 06 Aug 2012, 01:45

qreeves {l Wrote}:Nobody has picked this up yet, so have at it :) Maybe use SVN, because I'll probably release v1.3 sometime in the near future.

Hm? Cool! Can we use copyrighted music? I'll try to get mine out by the end of the week.
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby qreeves » 06 Aug 2012, 03:30

ballist1c {l Wrote}:Can we use copyrighted music?

Unfortunately, no. Try to use music that is included with the game. This helps preserve brand identity anyway, as the trailer is basically our "advertisement".
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Ulukai » 06 Aug 2012, 07:28

So cool that this is being picked up again! Looking forward to see what inpersona can make of it, his videos are always nicely put together.
Ulukai

Postby ballist1c » 07 Aug 2012, 00:02

Ulukai {l Wrote}:So cool that this is being picked up again! Looking forward to see what inpersona can make of it, his videos are always nicely put together.

meh, I don't think he plays RE so much anymore, or not as much as he used to :think: That's why I've picked it up.

qreeves {l Wrote}:
ballist1c {l Wrote}:Can we use copyrighted music?

Unfortunately, no. Try to use music that is included with the game. This helps preserve brand identity anyway, as the trailer is basically our "advertisement".

Aww, okay, I see.

I have a couple hours of gameplay and a few server demos so far, can a mapmaker provide me with a short editmode clip please? :) Just a short small basic world, like in the existing trailer. Thanks!

ballist1c

Postby TristamK » 07 Aug 2012, 09:15

can a mapmaker provide me with a short editmode clip please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYohu1KvnBk or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-VpLvk3AtU ?
This like a example (videos with low quality ;) ) . If need i can create something else (without "intro" sure)
That can be trial map or DM map (see attachments - nox)
Attachments
Nox.zip
DM map for multi-ctf
(662.27 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Sorry for my bad English. Sometimes i use google translator.
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby ballist1c » 08 Aug 2012, 02:45

TristamK {l Wrote}: If need i can create something else (without "intro" sure)
That can be trial map or DM map (see attachments - nox)

A small DM map movie would be perfect, thank you :)

ballist1c

Postby TristamK » 08 Aug 2012, 08:04

A small DM map movie would be perfect, thank you

Ok . I will try to show a cooperative mode (because I think , this is possibility in RE is important) . if no i will edit alone :P . Also i will try create 10-20 mins video . And after you can increase speed of this video or delete some parts .

P.s. i must use SVN ?
The official group of the Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse in vkontakte -> https://vk.com/cube_engine_news - VK support English too ;) . Also you can find all news about Cube 2\Red Eclipse in this group too
Topic with FULL information about Time-Trial . All maps , video , tutorials here . Also here you can see all best times on maps .
My youtube chanel
TristamK

Postby inpersona64 » 14 Aug 2012, 05:13

ballist1c {l Wrote}:
Ulukai {l Wrote}:So cool that this is being picked up again! Looking forward to see what inpersona can make of it, his videos are always nicely put together.

meh, I don't think he plays RE so much anymore, or not as much as he used to :think: That's why I've picked it up.

I do try to play ^_^ yes I will admit this summer has been busy, i mean good PC parts don't come cheap you know, so I literally have to "work hard to play hard".
Anyways, I'm trying to get a couple of gameplays down so I can show off a tiny little demo of what the new RE trailer should look like (to me). So if you see me in servers, it'll probably be anything deathmatch related. I'll try to get some Multiplayer Time-Trial as well seeing as there are alot of custom WELL-DONE time-trial maps. I know that Time-Trial is very important to put in the trailer as well as everything else. :)
inpersona64

Postby ballist1c » 14 Aug 2012, 20:15

inpersona64 {l Wrote}:
ballist1c {l Wrote}:

I do try to play ^_^ yes I will admit this summer has been busy, i mean good PC parts don't come cheap you know, so I literally have to "work hard to play hard".
Anyways, I'm trying to get a couple of gameplays down so I can show off a tiny little demo of what the new RE trailer should look like (to me). So if you see me in servers, it'll probably be anything deathmatch related. I'll try to get some Multiplayer Time-Trial as well seeing as there are alot of custom WELL-DONE time-trial maps. I know that Time-Trial is very important to put in the trailer as well as everything else. :)

I'd like to see your interpretation of the trailer! I'm trying to wait until 1.3 comes out though, it's so close it wouldn't be right to release a 1.2 trailer now. There are a TON of custom TT maps; if you want to download most of them(over 100), go here: http://kosinski.tk/fptt.zip

Well, the gamemodes in the trailer will include:
Deathmatch (normal, medieval, multi, and maybe insta), CTF, Bomber-ball, time-trial, and of course editmode.

I couldn't really find any exciting clips of DTF and the others lying around, and the rest aren't really the most popular of gamemodes.

ballist1c

Postby inpersona64 » 15 Aug 2012, 11:46

ballist1c {l Wrote}:I'd like to see your interpretation of the trailer! I'm trying to wait until 1.3 comes out though, it's so close it wouldn't be right to release a 1.2 trailer now. There are a TON of custom TT maps; if you want to download most of them(over 100), go here: http://kosinski.tk/fptt.zip

Well, the gamemodes in the trailer will include:
Deathmatch (normal, medieval, multi, and maybe insta), CTF, Bomber-ball, time-trial, and of course editmode.

I couldn't really find any exciting clips of DTF and the others lying around, and the rest aren't really the most popular of gamemodes.

For the most part i've been downloading the custom TT maps and playing them (TristamK is very good!)
It'd be best to try to get all game modes. That's what i'm shooting for. And yes, i get what you're saying. Probably should just wait until 1.3 release before trying to start making the video..makes sense. That way the game people see in the trailer is the game they'll be playing, not the old version of the game.

This does lead me to another question: as far as the HUD goes, should it be removed, should certain parts of it just be shown, or should the full HUD be shown in the trailer clips?
inpersona64

Postby TristamK » 15 Aug 2012, 12:11

(TristamK is very good!)

About hud.
If you want show a frag from eye of player - you must show a full hud . If frag will showed like in spectator mode (fight of 2 players for example) - hud can be disabled . This a my opinion .
My youtube chanel
TristamK