CONTEST: Create a trailer

Re: CONTEST: Create a trailer

Postby qreeves » 15 Aug 2012, 14:40

TristamK {l Wrote}:If you want show a frag from eye of player - you must show a full hud . If frag will showed like in spectator mode (fight of 2 players for example) - hud can be disabled . This a my opinion .

Agreed. The HUD is an aspect of the game, which should be shown to prospective players.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby ballist1c » 15 Aug 2012, 21:25

TristamK {l Wrote}:
(TristamK is very good!)

About hud.
If you want show a frag from eye of player - you must show a full hud . If frag will showed like in spectator mode (fight of 2 players for example) - hud can be disabled . This a my opinion .

Yes, if it is in First-person, then always include the HUD. if it is editmode, spectator mode, or freecam, then use /showhud 0 to disable the HUD, thanks!
Image Joseph "ballist1c" Calabria

Bloodlust // Abuse // Insidious // Longest Yard 2000
ballist1c

Postby Ulukai » 04 Sep 2012, 10:50

v1.3 is out, is someone working on a trailer already? BTW: there will be a 1.3.2 patch soon, but it wont make a difference for the trailer.
Ulukai

Postby ballist1c » 04 Sep 2012, 21:20

Ulukai {l Wrote}:v1.3 is out, is someone working on a trailer already? BTW: there will be a 1.3.2 patch soon, but it wont make a difference for the trailer.

Yes, as soon as everything with the tournament is sorted out, and the first rounds have started I will try to have something out by this weekend, or the latest, next week.

ballist1c

Postby Ulukai » 05 Sep 2012, 14:31

ballist1c {l Wrote}:
Ulukai {l Wrote}:v1.3 is out, is someone working on a trailer already? BTW: there will be a 1.3.2 patch soon, but it wont make a difference for the trailer.

Yes, as soon as everything with the tournament is sorted out, and the first rounds have started I will try to have something out by this weekend, or the latest, next week.

That's great! Looking forward to seeing something from you. I hope there will be more people trying to make one as well, or maybe you can talk to each other and make 1 super-awesome-kickass trailer. :)
Ulukai

Postby Karoushi » 06 Sep 2012, 23:06

Ulukai {l Wrote}:
ballist1c {l Wrote}:

That's great! Looking forward to seeing something from you. I hope there will be more people trying to make one as well, or maybe you can talk to each other and make 1 super-awesome-kickass trailer. :)

Yes indeed hopefully there is a segment that includes modified vars, featuring some footage of mine. :D
Karoushi

Postby fawstoar » 09 Sep 2012, 02:39

Would you guys be interested in something like this? http://youtu.be/U6k0rvZ5NgQ

I could probably make something either this weekend or the next, no promises though. School has my free time locked down to a bare minimum, hence my absence from the community as of late :|
-Wasabi
Map flythroughs, RE trailers, etc: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67578B2BCD99FB7B
fawstoar

Postby ballist1c » 09 Sep 2012, 02:49

fawstoar {l Wrote}:Would you guys be interested in something like this? http://youtu.be/U6k0rvZ5NgQ

I could probably make something either this weekend or the next, no promises though. School has my free time locked down to a bare minimum, hence my absence from the community as of late :|

Nice slow motion effect, I don't think I'll do much of that kind of thing though, since it is supposed to be around 1:30 long

ballist1c

Postby Karoushi » 09 Sep 2012, 02:56

ballist1c {l Wrote}:
fawstoar {l Wrote}:Would you guys be interested in something like this? http://youtu.be/U6k0rvZ5NgQ

Nice slow motion effect, I don't think I'll do much of that kind of thing though, since it is supposed to be around 1:30 long

Well not to rush you but try to hurry we need a new trailer on the front page as I am randomly advertising getting people to look at the game!
Karoushi

Postby raiden » 18 Oct 2012, 11:27

Who does it finally?
The old Trailer is well made in terms of cutting the flics in a good rhythm to the music and showing the features of the game. If you could reach this quality by using a good enough video programm, then you got it.
Probably many players have recorded good scenes already. Maybe we could collect this material, store it somewhere and the "cutter" or who ever feels fit to do this, can take it. Someone must be able to make it.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

ingame: .uEn|r4iden
raiden

Postby Ulukai » 18 Oct 2012, 15:32

I don't know who will be doing it. Sona, fawstoar and ballistic have expressed their interest, but no-one has come up with something till now. Raiden his idea to store all the content for whoever wants to edit it, isn't bad. Could we create a Google Drive account for this? 1 account has 2 GB storage I think, if necessary we create multiple accounts to upload everything.

But tbh, someone with some experience should step up first who says "Hey, of you do this, I will be doing a serious attempt to make something with it". And when I take a look at the Frogteam videos or the fan footage on youtube, I believe there are plenty of people in this commuity who are capable of this.

I believe Lyckystrike created the first video and Quin did the Blood Frontier Beta 2 video (he used animoto for that). But there are plenty of tools available for doing so on each OS.
Ulukai

Postby GooshGoosh! » 24 Oct 2012, 02:29

Ulukai {l Wrote}:I don't know who will be doing it. Sona, fawstoar and ballistic have expressed their interest, but no-one has come up with something till now. Raiden his idea to store all the content for whoever wants to edit it, isn't bad. Could we create a Google Drive account for this? 1 account has 2 GB storage I think, if necessary we create multiple accounts to upload everything.

But tbh, someone with some experience should step up first who says "Hey, of you do this, I will be doing a serious attempt to make something with it". And when I take a look at the Frogteam videos or the fan footage on youtube, I believe there are plenty of people in this commuity who are capable of this.

I believe Lyckystrike created the first video and Quin did the Blood Frontier Beta 2 video (he used animoto for that). But there are plenty of tools available for doing so on each OS.

About storing the content vids or ideas, I think we can use Wualla. https://www.wuala.com/
GooshGoosh!

Postby ballist1c » 24 Oct 2012, 02:30

GooshGoosh! {l Wrote}:About storing the content vids or ideas, I think we can use Wualla. https://www.wuala.com/

I prefer Box.com or Dropbox ^^

or that new Google drive thingy, have yet to see how well that holds up

ballist1c

Postby GooshGoosh! » 24 Oct 2012, 02:47

ballist1c {l Wrote}:
GooshGoosh! {l Wrote}:About storing the content vids or ideas, I think we can use Wualla. https://www.wuala.com/

I prefer Box.com or Dropbox ^^

or that new Google drive thingy, have yet to see how well that holds up

Well, we can use all of them :P
GooshGoosh!

Postby inpersona64 » 29 Oct 2012, 22:33

yeah, thanks for the support Ulukai. I'm trying my hardest to bring something together worth showing (or a teaser at the very least) but recently my network hasn't been communicating well so that has been some hindrance. So unfortunately I can't even set myself a timeframe, but I think even if i can't show something, someone else will most likely create it. So this project is always open :)
inpersona64

Postby raiden » 30 Oct 2012, 16:30

Cool, good to know that this isn't fallen out of focus. And yes the thread is also open :).
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden

Postby Inogord » 17 Nov 2012, 13:17

Quality of official trailer should be excellent.
Inogord

Postby Ulukai » 09 Apr 2013, 09:11

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, there is a new trailer on the homepage http://www.redeclipse.net/home so get over there and take a good look.
I believe it was John_III who made the whole thing, so all credits go to him. Personally I think he did an excellent job! Please correct me if I'm forgetting someone.
Ulukai

Postby qreeves » 09 Apr 2013, 12:54

Ulukai {l Wrote}:I believe it was John_III who made the whole thing, so all credits go to him. Personally I think he did an excellent job! Please correct me if I'm forgetting someone.

How about credits to me for directing him! :P
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby bonifarz » 09 Apr 2013, 12:55

Ulukai {l Wrote}:For those of you who haven't seen it yet, there is a new trailer [...]

Ah, missed that one, it looks perfect. And if another trailer had been created earlier, we would have missed the mines there, so the timing could not be better.
bonifarz

Postby raiden » 09 Apr 2013, 14:26

:lol: :) thumbs up. A good timing indeed and great work.
sorn
cutec
syndicate
metalhead

raiden

Postby Ulukai » 09 Apr 2013, 16:03

qreeves {l Wrote}:
Ulukai {l Wrote}:I believe it was John_III who made the whole thing, so all credits go to him. Personally I think he did an excellent job! Please correct me if I'm forgetting someone.

How about credits to me for directing him! :P

We all slimed you enough for the 1.4 release, you're still sticky from that one so don't be so selfish :p
Have you found the screenshots for the homepage / google+ / FB? In case you missed them: http://www.mediafire.com/?nlv0a23gt0ugs28
Ulukai

Postby Dratz-_C » 09 Apr 2013, 18:16

I think it looks good folks!
Cheers
Dratz-_C

Postby ballist1c » 09 Apr 2013, 20:13

sweet.

ballist1c

Postby Sniper-Goth » 09 Apr 2013, 20:37

I liked the trailer, but it needed to show the customization, the game modes etc.
And of course the drones/turrets/grunts :)
Red Eclipse in game name: Sniper-Goth/Sniper-quake3. Maps in the making: DOTA style map, ringed, train, ladder race,.
Sniper-Goth