POLL: What's your favorite weapon of Red Eclipse?

What's your favorite weapon of Red Eclipse?

Melee (Fist & Kick)
4%
Sword
9%
Pistol
5%
Flamer
9%
Shotgun
23%
SMG
13%
Plasma
6%
Rifle
25%
Rocket
3%
Grenade
4%

Total votes : 141

Re: POLL: What's your favorite weapon of Red Eclipse?

Postby fluxord » 12 Aug 2011, 15:50

qreeves {l Wrote}:
Kitsune {l Wrote}:i'm really beginning to question if you even bother playing with your community on at least a once a month basis.

I play Red Eclipse online every single day (more when I'm working on new features), under an alias nobody knows so I don't get harassed by people.

@kitsune: man, stop harassing quin... everybody knows you are willing to contribute, and you did too. But don't get mad ranting at the devs, when your cool stuff doesn't get in. No one is perfect. With patiente you can get into heaven ;).

@qreeves: are you mulex maybe ;)
(i remember when he relinquished "master" on the server, don't know, maybe he was hirato).
Also I'm wondering if "eihrul" or even "Aardappel" play RE? It would be fun to play against them, just to see how good they are.

BTW, i have a lot of other nicks too. I almost never play as fluxord. If you find me playing as fluxord you are really lucky :D
fluxord

Postby inpersona64 » 12 Aug 2011, 18:19

fluxord {l Wrote}:BTW, i have a lot of other nicks too. I almost never play as fluxord. If you find me playing as fluxord you are really lucky :D

Whenever people come in with different names, it really makes me wonder if this game has over 30 people playing it, or if its the same 15 people in servers. Its the reason I really only use one name (unless I'm in a clan or two). When people change names, it's really hard to get and accurate number of how many people really play this game. I'd like to be able to tell my friends that this game is popular, but if everyone is name switching everyday, it's hardly true unfortunately. :cry:
inpersona64

Postby qreeves » 13 Aug 2011, 00:55

inpersona64 {l Wrote}:Whenever people come in with different names, it really makes me wonder if this game has over 30 people playing it, or if its the same 15 people in servers. Its the reason I really only use one name (unless I'm in a clan or two). When people change names, it's really hard to get and accurate number of how many people really play this game. I'd like to be able to tell my friends that this game is popular, but if everyone is name switching everyday, it's hardly true unfortunately. :cry:

I have two aliases online, if I'm playing in an official capacity I will be "angeles", otherwise I use my alternate.

fluxord {l Wrote}:@qreeves: are you mulex maybe
(i remember when he relinquished "master" on the server, don't know, maybe he was hirato).
Also I'm wondering if "eihrul" or even "Aardappel" play RE? It would be fun to play against them, just to see how good they are.

Mulex is a player that has been around since the earliest Blood Frontier beta's. He is simply a dedicated and trustworthy player that has been granted an authkey. eihrul plays occasionally, mostly around release times to make sure I haven't screwed up too much :lol: Aard doesn't have anything to do with RE, apart from being the creator of the engine we used. He did, however, come up with the idea years ago of how when you pick up a weapon it won't respawn until you drop it.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Wazubaba » 15 Aug 2011, 22:39

Little late, but I vote for melee. Nothing beats that satisfaction when you fly into the air after kung fu-ing someone :)
Wazubaba

Postby fluxord » 17 Aug 2011, 00:57

OMG, LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! SOMEONE VOTED FOR THE PLASMA GUN :D
The 1st. in 2 months...
fluxord

Postby Wazubaba » 17 Aug 2011, 01:12

OH MAH GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0_o

Ok, fess up, who was it ?
Wazubaba

Postby d3dreaper[Wazu] » 17 Aug 2011, 01:13

O MaH Gawd! He's Firing his LazOOORRSS
d3dreaper[Wazu]

Postby inpersona64 » 17 Aug 2011, 01:14

fluxord {l Wrote}:OMG, LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! SOMEONE VOTED FOR THE PLASMA GUN :D
The 1st. in 2 months...

Yeah who voted for PLASMA??!!
Tell me!
inpersona64

Postby Wazubaba » 17 Aug 2011, 01:16

Srsly, I really need to know who. This is going to bother me... I swear not to flame you for it.
Wazubaba

Postby ZeroKnight » 18 Aug 2011, 20:29

*prepares torches and cross, gathers witch-hunters* Alright men, spread out and find the witch! Look in every corner of every map! Look high and low! ...just don't lose yourselves to the void or the darkness. Also, try not to fall into pits of lava or odd green goop! He could be hiding anywhere from the tall, hidden ledge on Deli, from the top ledges on the corners of Ghost! He could even be... ... on the one of the towers in Linear!!

Lol, but seriously gaizz, plasma's pretty darn good if you can get the speed of the shots down and lead your target right. If done correctly, you could quite easily hit him with every shot. The only problem is, it's a bit weak in that sense. Though it's great for getting fleeing enemies that like to dodge every which way :P
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby fluxord » 20 Aug 2011, 02:38

ZeroKnight {l Wrote}:*prepares torches and cross, gathers witch-hunters* Alright men, spread out and find the witch! Look in every corner of every map! Look high and low! ...just don't lose yourselves to the void or the darkness. Also, try not to fall into pits of lava or odd green goop! He could be hiding anywhere from the tall, hidden ledge on Deli, from the top ledges on the corners of Ghost! He could even be... ... on the one of the towers in Linear!!

:)
*tiny-guy-in-the-crowd speaks* Sir, I think he's hiding in "blink", it's haunted... I've heard weird noises there!
*tiny-guy-in-the-crowd is trembling, speaks with fear* No way, I'm not going over there...
*tiny-guy-in-the-crowd impulse dashes away* :lol:

Now seriously, finally the Plasma Rifle and Shotgun are getting more votes, it was about time :D
fluxord

Postby ZeroKnight » 20 Aug 2011, 21:39

Lol, that reminded me of the witch scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail for some reason :P
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby fawstoar » 21 Aug 2011, 01:13

1. Practice instagib.
2. Practice more instagib.
3. Join normal deathmatch.
4. Grab rifle.
5. ???
6. PROFIT
-Wasabi
Map flythroughs, RE trailers, etc: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67578B2BCD99FB7B
fawstoar

Postby Stiva » 21 Aug 2011, 15:10

The normal rifle is so weak that I don't think practicing instagib, unless of course you're practicing headshots only, would make you very effective with it in DMs given how many shots you need for a kill and how often you need to reload.
Stiva

Postby inpersona64 » 21 Aug 2011, 15:55

Stiva {l Wrote}:The normal rifle is so weak that I don't think practicing instagib, unless of course you're practicing headshots only, would make you very effective with it in DMs given how many shots you need for a kill and how often you need to reload.

+1
I've always thought the rifle needed a boost. It should be 1 shot to the head, 2 or 3 shots to the body and 5 or 6 impact shots when you hit a surface near a target.

Edit: Whenever i played Blood Frontier, I always took the damagescale and put it from 1.0 to 3.5 just for that reason.
inpersona64

Postby fluxord » 22 Aug 2011, 06:30

Stiva {l Wrote}:The normal rifle is so weak that I don't think practicing instagib, unless of course you're practicing headshots only, would make you very effective with it in DMs given how many shots you need for a kill and how often you need to reload.

+1. An Instagib Rifle can not be compared with the Weak Normal Rifle.

inpersona64 {l Wrote}:I've always thought the rifle needed a boost. It should be 1 shot to the head, 2 or 3 shots to the body and 5 or 6 impact shots when you hit a surface near a target.

I too, agree with this.
Maybe: Head=1.5 shot, Body=3 and Impact-Damage=5 shots with the primary fire.

I put 1.5 on head because I think that 1 shot is overkill, so maybe hitting one shot on the head for 90 or so damage would be fine (primary fire off course).
fluxord

Postby inpersona64 » 27 Sep 2011, 20:14

I just noticed that this thread has been at the top of the forums but no one has posted anything in it for a month..lol
inpersona64

Postby qreeves » 28 Sep 2011, 06:24

inpersona64 {l Wrote}:I just noticed that this thread has been at the top of the forums but no one has posted anything in it for a month..lol

I stickied it :) People have still been voting, I've been keeping an eye on it ;)
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby inpersona64 » 28 Sep 2011, 18:12

qreeves {l Wrote}:
inpersona64 {l Wrote}:I just noticed that this thread has been at the top of the forums but no one has posted anything in it for a month..lol

I stickied it :) People have still been voting, I've been keeping an eye on it ;)

Originally I had chosen the shotgun, but I switched my vote to the SMG because I rarely use the shotgun (plus, I think i suck at it) and not to mention that it's one of the weapons I beast at next to the normal rifle.

I think the reason most people chose rifle is because everyone is thinking of the "Instagib" rifle...
inpersona64

Postby freaks » 30 Sep 2011, 12:56

This may not be the best spot to ask but every now and then I find myself kamikaze despite not holding a bomb or shooting a rocket at a wall next to me or anything like that. Is this some sort of feature I don't know of? perhaps an added japanese war tactic I'm accidentaly triggering? a bug maybe?
I find I can trigger it by holding the reload button and rapidly firing the pistol. Any ideas? Does this happen to anyone else?
freaks

Postby ZeroKnight » 30 Sep 2011, 17:34

That's reload jamming. If you fire your gun in the midst of the reload animation, there's a chance your gun will jam. That's why you drop the gun, explode for no reason and can't do absolutely anything for 3 seconds.
Personally, I REALLY love the IDEA of reload jamming, because it adds realism to the weaponry, especially in a fast-paced action shooter, because it forces you to be smart with how you fire...
However, I REALLY dislike the way reload jamming is implemented in RE. You can modify that if you're playing offline, and if you own a server (or ask nicely on someone elses and can convince them) you can turn off reload jamming with: weaponjamming.

0 - Off
1 - Only drop weapon
2 - Drop ALL weapons
3 - Same as 1 + Explode (Default)
4 - Same as 2 + Explode
ZeroKnight

Postby qreeves » 01 Oct 2011, 02:12

And it will be off by default in the next version.
qreeves

Postby Oblivion » 24 Oct 2011, 17:58

Remilia Scarlet {l Wrote}:The plasma I would consider an expert weapon. I think it's really easy to dodge, making it effectively useless. Also impulsing across walls allows you to travel fast enough through (alt-fire)plasma not to get sucked in. You will only receive a small amount of damage this way. I also suck at hitting with it so...

I strongly disagree. The Plasma is very hard to dodge by virtue of the large splash area. The secondary fire is most useful and very effective in a strategic situation, especially vs multiple opponents.

I play duels pretty often, and if my opponent proves to be extremely good at dodging all other weapons, I rely on the Plasma because of the high accuracy that can be acheived w/ it regardless of opponent movement (+50%).

This may be a bit late for the next release, but my opinion is that the plasma should be left as it is. Heck, it's easier to use than the SMG!

If anything should be changed, it's the flamer width. The splash is still pretty ridiculous and makes the weapon way too popular among new players. I wonder if there's much motivation for flame-users to actually use and get better with other weapons.
[FD] - Forgotten Dream - Obliti sumus somnium
http://www.forgottendream.org/
Oblivion

Postby Chasm » 25 Oct 2011, 00:06

I find myself going Plasma rifle/smg more and more. smg for it's flexibility in many situations, and rifle for it's one hit kills. (which I find myself being able to get more frequently as of late)

The grenade would probably be my favorite if I could stick it to players not just walls.

I personally like the idea of the weapon jamming, but only where a skillful player has explicit factors they can control to avoid it. (like not trying to fire when reloading) I also think there should be a chance of these weapon malfunctions when cancelling grenades, plasma secondary, rockets mid-fire by changing weapons or reloading.
Chasm

Postby qreeves » 25 Oct 2011, 10:38

Chasm {l Wrote}:The grenade would probably be my favorite if I could stick it to players not just walls.

Will happen in v1.2 :)

Chasm {l Wrote}:I personally like the idea of the weapon jamming, but only where a skillful player has explicit factors they can control to avoid it. (like not trying to fire when reloading) I also think there should be a chance of these weapon malfunctions when cancelling grenades, plasma secondary, rockets mid-fire by changing weapons or reloading.

This is the only time weapon jamming ever happened, it just doesn't seem to be obvious to anyone. At any rate, it won't be on by default in the next release (I have left it there as an option though, perhaps to revisit the idea properly at a later date).
qreeves