POLL: What's your favorite weapon of Red Eclipse?

What's your favorite weapon of Red Eclipse?

Melee (Fist & Kick)
4%
Sword
9%
Pistol
5%
Flamer
9%
Shotgun
23%
SMG
13%
Plasma
6%
Rifle
25%
Rocket
3%
Grenade
4%

Total votes : 141

Re: POLL: What's your favorite weapon of Red Eclipse?

Postby qreeves » 22 Jun 2012, 03:04

The rifle's power is in it's secondary (zoomed) fire. Land a headshot while zoomed, and you will kill your opponent.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby wowie » 22 Jun 2012, 05:11

In this game landing a headshot is hard, but that only makes it that much more awesome when you DO land a headshot! I fail at headshots 95% of the time though unless it's killing a flag guard. Moving targets are harder to hit. :D
I lost the game.
wowie

Postby Iridium » 23 Jun 2012, 22:54

qreeves {l Wrote}:The rifle's power is in it's secondary (zoomed) fire. Land a headshot while zoomed, and you will kill your opponent.

I see. This would be fine if my first FPS had not been Quake, where scoping was simply an inconvenience.

I will try to get used to this; however, I still maintain that the rifle's primary fire does need a bit more power in each shot though, just a little. I am fine with the amount of ammo on second thoughts.

Either increase the power a bit or increase the reload time; often when I could have gotten a double-kill I end up fragged because I am reloading.
-Iridium
Iridium

Postby kr1egsgott » 24 Jun 2012, 17:34

My opinion to this is to leave the rifle-primary dmg as it is and even add some big spread to it, so people finally start to zoom in with the rifle.
kr1egsgott

Postby Iridium » 24 Jun 2012, 17:57

kr1egsgott {l Wrote}:My opinion to this is to leave the rifle-primary dmg as it is and even add some big spread to it, so people finally start to zoom in with the rifle.

Are you sure you know what you are saying? As I understand it, adding "big spread" to the rifle would make it way easier than it is now to hit people from far away WITHOUT zooming in.

Decreasing the spread is what I suggested (when I said the rifle in instagib should be more like Quake Live's railgun, which has literally no spread at all), and doing so would make it harder to hit people in primary fire, so people like me would start scoping.
-Iridium
Iridium

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 02 Jul 2012, 08:20

Methinks he is meaning reducing the accuracy of the weapon...
If so, I think it is a terrible idea, the rifle is meant to be an accurate weapon. Remove that quality and you have almost nothing that defines it...
Remilia Scarlet

Postby Snipe » 03 Jul 2012, 15:11

qreeves {l Wrote}:One thing is obvious here, nobody likes the plasma all that much, haha. Good thing it has received considerable tweaking upstream for the next release :)

I have an idea to make the plasma a bit more tactical. A shock/concussion blast ( kinda like what the blasters from the G.I. Joe movie fired) for its tertiary (new post soon) fire. I'll get into more detail about the attributes of the blast and the mechanics of tertiary/additional firing modes in my post.
Im also thinking about a tertiary fire for LuckStrike's Shotgun Concept Mock-up viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2109
To see more of my ideas on tertiary and modified firing look for my new post coming sometime soon ;)
Btw Quin, what upstream tweaking are referring to? :?
Last edited by Snipe on 09 Jul 2012, 22:31, edited 4 times in total.
Snipe

Postby Snipe » 03 Jul 2012, 15:21

Also the current rocket model needs to change for this reason Image
Kind of kills the realism :|
Now the model itself looks good, just give it another weapon to represent for now, or at least do something about how its back looks (in the red circle)
Snipe

Postby Evropi » 06 Nov 2012, 00:19

I reckon the best weapon after the Rocket is the Grenade, if you are good with it and can time throws well.

Discuss.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby subraizada3 » 29 Nov 2013, 15:22

Though the rocket is pretty good, it's kind of hard to get, and I don't get a kill about 15% of the time with it.

The SMG was the first weapon I used, and I like that it is good at all ranges - I have beat many shotgunners with it, and also a few snipers.

I recently started getting into the shotgun/flamer, and though I still burn myself up a lot with the flamer the shotgun is starting to become useful - it just takes some time to start getting good at very close range.

The rifle is too weak - by the time you can get the second shot off, you'll be dead. Making headshots is nearly impossible. I think that if the time between shots and the reload time are reduces, it will become better against players with other weapons.

If you can get near two (or more) people, the grenade is good for boosting your KD to 2 (or more). Just /bind x kill
subraizada3

Postby Silux » 05 Jan 2014, 01:12

The rifle is a weapon i want to like, but it's too hard to hit properly moving targets while zooming in.
However it owns in straight, long and narrow maps like Linear and Canals.

Smg is the weapon which brings me most of the kills, as it's like the rifle in damage, but way better to use in the fast environment.And ping more my ears.

Rockets are almost a sure kill or double kill. I like the feeling of being overpowered for some seconds.

The shotgun, the flamer and the sword have a really limited range, so i use them only in really small maps.

Plasma is good for defending the flag in some maps, but i don't use it much
Silux

Postby unixfreak » 05 Jan 2014, 21:09

Stiva {l Wrote}:To be honest Kitsune-of-the-blue-posts, I haven't ever really seen anyone "like" the plasma gun and I've been playing fairly frequently for the past 6 months.

I love the plasma :cool:
Mostly because of it's secondary attack. In the right moment it can be a very tactical weapon, the hidden teleporter on bloodlust is my favourite place to use it. Someone will impulse around the corner, and unexpectedly get trapped in the plasma and fall into lava. It's really fun in scenarios like that.
unixfreak