Red Eclipse on Android?

Re: Red Eclipse on Android?

Postby Jamestonjes » 08 May 2013, 13:44

I agree with that too, but not just that, you could do so much more with your time, I mean so much more than develop for a platform over run with "games" like angry birds and also button mashers, running games..... oops got a bit carried away uhm well like adding physics to certain map models allowing them to fall,break or well anything due to shooting,kicking ,and so much more.
In game name: MaxPayne >DOOM<
maps: Nameless,Pillars of Doom(incomplete)
Jamestonjes

Postby greaserpirate » 08 May 2013, 16:06

TheLastProject {l Wrote}:
qreeves {l Wrote}:Not just the touch controls, but having only one guy porting an entire game to a mobile platform is insane. I'm certainly not interested in such an endeavour (reward is far less than the investment).

Pfff. I can port an entire game to a mobile platform.
*casually ignores the fact that his game is in HTML and Javascript and that he can just put PhoneGap around it and is done, unlike Red Eclipse which will need a lot of actual work to be ported*

There's already a HTML port of Sauer, done by Mozilla. Still, I have no clue how difficult a port of RE would be.

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby Jamestonjes » 08 May 2013, 17:33

sounds interesting If it has the map editor I might get it (if I can import the maps to red eclipse)
Jamestonjes

Postby Ulukai » 08 May 2013, 20:18

Jamestonjes {l Wrote}:sounds interesting If it has the map editor I might get it (if I can import the maps to red eclipse)

You can import Sauer maps into RE, and most of the editor is the same as RE. However, there are some key differences in commands, keys and certain affinities / entities. Also, the texture set is different etc. Making a RE map in Sauer on your tablet is not an easier task than creating an RE map on a PC :p

If mapping is what you want to do, better learn the ins and outs of the editor. And if there really is a shape where you have lots of troubles with, try finding a map where you can copy the piece of geometry from and paste it in your own map. No need to re-invent the wheel and by studying what you copy you can learn something from someone who is more experienced than you...
Ulukai

Postby Jamestonjes » 09 May 2013, 14:08

Cool didn't think of doing that it sounds quite clever, but I don't acctualy have a tablet acctualy I just wanted to do it on my phone (were not allowed computers here at hostel) and then send the map to my PC when I'm at home so I can use spare time to edit
Jamestonjes