Access levels

Access levels

Postby bonifarz » 14 Apr 2013, 13:07

Hello.

I tend to confuse the symbols for the new access levels, so I made a tiny cubescript to look them up quickly when needed.
Maybe this is useful for someone else, so I would like to put it here.
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
// small cubescript snippet by bonifarz
privlist = [ "bot" "none" "player" "supporter" "moderator" "operator" "administrator" "developer" "creator" ]
privdescr = [
    "Bot - This icon marks computer-controlled players, so technically, this is not an access level."
    "None - This is the symbol for regular players who have not identified as registered users."
    "Player - This will (eventually) be a regular registered user, used for statistics and other neat things."
    "Supporter - A special level to give recognition and thanks to those who have contributed to Red Eclipse in some way, but do not have higher access."
    "Moderator - The lower level of operator, can kick, mute, and ban, and change basic settings. Has to report to an Administrator to deal with larger problems."
    "Operator - Basic operator, can kick, mute, and ban, and change most settings. Has to report to an Administrator to deal with larger problems."
    "Administrator - The highest level of operator, can do most things and (eventually) add temporary global bans. Can most likely get you banned permanently."
    "Developer - Demi-gods. They are considered to be a core developer. Can do almost anything, and probably get me to global ban you in a heartbeat."
    "Creator - Basically gods. This is quin, cinta, or eihrul. They don't even need to ask before banning you."
]
privselect = "../question"
descr = "Access levels for registered users. Note that there may also be local mods, ops and admins for specific servers."
newgui privinfo [
    guistayopen [
        guilist [
            guilist [
                loop i (listlen $privlist) [
                    privi = (at $privlist $i)
                    guibutton $privi [
                        privselect = @privi
                        descr = (at $privdescr @i)
                        // echo "test $" $privi
                        // echo "test @ " @privi
                    ] " " (concatword "textures/privs/" $privi)
                ]
            ]
            guilist [
                    guitext " "
                    guiimage (concatword "textures/privs/" $privselect) [  ] 4.0 0 ""
            ]
            guifield descr -16 []
        ]
    ]
]
showgui privinfo

The decriptions are taken from this topic, and I admit I have not noticed the current explanations there for quite a while.

The only thing that remains unclear to me for now is the helper level, which is referenced quite a few times in the variable desriptions (e.g. for variables with "lock").
bonifarz

Re: Access levels

Postby qreeves » 14 Apr 2013, 14:46

Helper was removed and replaced with Supporter.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Re: Access levels

Postby Calinou » 15 Apr 2013, 13:12

Nice; a link to this menu could be added from the "play online" menu...
Calinou