website feedback

website feedback

Postby Dread Knight » 17 Oct 2014, 16:12

Would like some feedback regarding the official project website http://AncientBeast.com
Also, what do you think the homepage of a game should contain? Latest project updates or rather info about the project itself?
What (foss) game project websites do you like?
AncientBeast.com - Battle other players by materializing and controlling awesome creatures, each having unique abilities!
FM Patreon page - Support the free open source game development foundation and creation of high quality free assets!
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Re: website feedback

Postby Danimal » 22 Oct 2014, 14:46

Actually, i like your homepage, adding a "Latest project updates" section would be a good move.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Dread Knight » 22 Oct 2014, 17:31

Thanks! Yeah, will put more focus on that, it's half ready :)
AncientBeast.com - Battle other players by materializing and controlling awesome creatures, each having unique abilities!
FM Patreon page - Support the free open source game development foundation and creation of high quality free assets!
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Postby Dread Knight » 04 Nov 2014, 20:34

Completed! The news section got revamped and I've added information about the past updates in order to keep a track and form a style http://ancientbeast.com/news (there's even a button on the homepage pointing to the latest item).

I know there's a trend nowadays to keep the blog on tumblr for the sake of being more viral and easier to get subscribed to and such, but I find integrating tumblr into the website rather hard, so I just want to keep things simple for now.
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Postby Danimal » 05 Nov 2014, 01:44

it would be good you update the comentaries so they dont show to be years old, and maybe a progress upate after 0.2?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Dread Knight » 05 Nov 2014, 10:40

Yeah, you're right, nobody wants to see a ghost town, it was pointed to me before, will figure out something. Gonna evaluate all the progress after the 0.2 release and possibly draw a line. It's definitely not at the point I wanted, but kinda been stuck in development hell for a while now since I'm not a decent coder. Ideally would have smaller and more often releases along with news updates, kinda like OpenRA does it, as it's my source of inspiration for getting things on track.
Dread Knight
AB Moderator