Upcoming 0.1 release event

Upcoming 0.1 release event

Postby Dread Knight » 22 Nov 2012, 16:48

20 days until the 0.1 release of my foss game project Ancient Beast!

Join facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/463052057070590/
or google plus event https://plus.google.com/b/1130348140320 ... ccicv1mk2k

This is a somewhat playable version of the game, really early, pre-alpha developer preview. Hotseat only, lacking a lot of creatures, animations and polishing. Don't expect too much, anyway, we're happy to be breaking the ice gameplay coding wise ;-)

I hope you like the project, join the event and even share it with others. Meanwhile we're working hard on getting more done in the time we have left and have way more going on with the prototype. http://www.AncientBeast.com/game

AncientBeast.com - Battle other players by materializing and controlling awesome creatures, each having unique abilities!
FM Patreon page - Support the free open source game development foundation and creation of high quality free assets!
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Re: Upcoming 0.1 release event

Postby Dread Knight » 25 Nov 2012, 01:02

AncientBeast.com - Battle other players by materializing and controlling awesome creatures, each having unique abilities!
FM Patreon page - Support the free open source game development foundation and creation of high quality free assets!
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Postby charlie » 25 Nov 2012, 01:55

Looks very good, Dread Knight. I'll check it out!
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Evropi » 03 Dec 2012, 01:49

Is it just me or were the icons adapted from Game-icons.net? ;)
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby Dread Knight » 04 Dec 2012, 14:12

Evropi {l Wrote}:Is it just me or were the icons adapted from Game-icons.net? ;)

Woah, thanks for sharing that! Didn't knew about it; I was using an older small pack of png icons which was found on reddit I think and then submitted to Opengameart.org
I converted most of them into svg format manually using Inkscape. They're in our wuala group atm, was also considering making this icon set more popular and get more contributors, like doing a github repo etc; nice to see someone else already did something like that. I only hope the project is not dead :)
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Postby BioHazardX » 05 Dec 2012, 11:58

Hey, the link on g+ doesn't work.

Maybe I can join the event if I haven't got any troubles...
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Dread Knight » 05 Dec 2012, 20:51

BioHazardX {l Wrote}:Hey, the link on g+ doesn't work.

Maybe I can join the event if I haven't got any troubles...

Hmm, trying going to this page and see the second post then https://plus.google.com/b/1130348140320 ... 5836/posts
Dread Knight
AB Moderator

Postby Dread Knight » 14 May 2013, 11:05

This event was a success, more than 50 people participated :)
Time to close this thread and start the version 0.2 release event which is about to take place in 2 weeks or so.
Dread Knight
AB Moderator