Use a video of Red Eclipse

Use a video of Red Eclipse

Postby angeloantonucci » 29 May 2012, 14:41

Hi, im Angelo, i work for a film production company in Chile, and we are shooting an ad and where looking to use a sample of Red Eclipse in our shoot.

We are shooting a commercial for a Communications company in Chile, and we have a scene where we see a kid playing a FPS. We would see the screen for a few seconds, and you won't even be able to recognize any mayor content of the game he is playing. We'll alter the UI of the game and use just a tiny part of a video we are gonna record, of us playing Red Eclipse.
We are trying to be as transparent as possible, not wanting to use any material without consulting with you guys first.

Is this possible? Can you guys give me a mail address so we can contact you further communication?

Thanks

Angelo Antonucci
AD
angeloantonucci

Re: Use a video of Red Eclipse

Postby Julius » 29 May 2012, 16:15

You should probably ask this directly in the Red Eclipse forums or by email to the user "qreeves" who is the original creator of RE.

Personally (but I am not a lawyer) I would say that the "Share-Alike" option of the arts assets applies in this case, e.g. that you would have to make the entire movie production available for free (as a download under the CC-by-SA license). Not sure if that would be compatible with the contract you have.
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Use a video of Red Eclipse

Postby angeloantonucci » 29 May 2012, 16:43

great, thanks!
angeloantonucci