[Xmas Volcano] download & screen

[Xmas Volcano] download & screen

Postby ThomyW » 15 Dec 2018, 23:26

The time has come and I finally finished a new Project in one day! Try this Level out and tell me how you find it, please!
Attachments
Xmas Volcano [Tux ThomyW].zip
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
5.PNG
ThomyW

Re: [Xmas Volcano] download & screen

Postby BlasterMaster » 17 Dec 2018, 16:15

If the print screen is anything to go by, I'd say you should keep a more consistent theme. You have an ice environment, with a tree from a forest world, as well as lava. Lava melts snow, and trees don't grow on ice. If you keep that in mind you should be good to go.
You love goats, not me.
BlasterMaster

Postby ThomyW » 17 Dec 2018, 17:17

Thanks but it confuses me to want realism. It should be a volcano under ice. But there are also no flying paths in reality
ThomyW

Postby BlasterMaster » 18 Dec 2018, 08:02

I get where you're coming from, but it's all about atheistic. In general, consistency is key. Also, a nice looking level will draw more people in to play it.
You love goats, not me.
BlasterMaster

Postby ThomyW » 18 Dec 2018, 14:27

BlasterMaster {l Wrote}:I get where you're coming from, but it's all about atheistic.

How is that meant?
ThomyW

Postby AllyTheOcelot » 18 Dec 2018, 18:54

"I get where you're coming from, but it's all about atheistic. In general, consistency is key. Also, a nice looking level will draw more people in to play it."

No offence, but you couldn't be more wrong. No one cares about consistency. Consistency is boring. I like the idea of trying to blend the elements. Although I do admit it could be a bit more effective, its a pretty nifty effort at trying to make a level that stands out. Blending of ice and lava doesn't have to make sense, so therefore it is left to the player to wonder how cold the ice is or etc. It's about sparking imagination, not just wanting people to run past the finish line.

That being said, its a nice level. I do think if you're going to blend the elements it'd be better if you took more care with it rather than sticking a random tree under ground. For a day though, its decent.
Mewo
AllyTheOcelot
SuperTux Moderator