Puzzle: The Dark Dungeon

Puzzle: The Dark Dungeon

Postby DevonST » 30 Jun 2018, 16:43

On Tux’ quest to find the magical air flower he enters a mysterious castle and soon finds himself trapped in a dark dungeon. But he has found the air flower and hopes to find the exit with the power of the flower. What does all of this mean? … I have made a new puzzle level!

This level is even unfairer than my first one (→ https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7870). You have to do the things at the beginning in a very specific order – at the end you will see why. Have fun! I hope my puzzles are inspiring for someone to make their own puzzles.

On the next Saturday I’m going to upload the solution for this puzzle.

Edit: Due to a weird SuperTux bug the pneumatic platforms sometimes didn’t spawn to me. So if you don’t them in the level, try closing and starting it again.
Attachments
puzzle2-thumbnail.jpeg
puzzle2.stl.zip
update
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST

Re: Puzzle: The Dark Dungeon

Postby the shapeshifter » 03 Jul 2018, 15:37

this was a bit easier than last one in my opoinion
the shapeshifter

Postby DevonST » 07 Jul 2018, 12:21

DevonST

Postby Tobbi » 07 Jul 2018, 12:55

I feel stupid now :P
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby the shapeshifter » 07 Jul 2018, 15:51

after getting 3 retarded video recorder from internet i gave up on trying to record so here is my solution:
i killed both the fish and the armored snowball with the lantern.i also took the flower power up. then i threw the lantern onto those 2 wooden boxes where the ice cube falls so it wont break them. i took 1 spring and put it near the rightmost wall (near the deathspike) so i can jump on it. i took the lantern of the wooden boxes and made the ice cube fall to it's doom into the abyss. with the other spring in hand and with the help of the power up i managed to jump on the previously placed spring and then up to the two platforms. i placed the spring on the platform to work as weight the same as the armored snowball in the official solution. the rest is the same as in the official solution. i would've been forced for the official solution if the rightmost wall were a straight line instead of allowing me to place the spring to jump on it.
the shapeshifter

Postby acme_pjz » 07 Jul 2018, 16:13

the shapeshifter {l Wrote}:after getting 3 retarded video recorder from internet i gave up on trying to record

Try OBS Studio which is open source.
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby DevonST » 07 Jul 2018, 16:41

Your solution impressed me … again. I forgot to set the trampolines to ‘fixed’ to prevent the player from even getting the idea of grabbing it. I feel stupid now :D
DevonST