Hard Platforming Level

Hard Platforming Level

Postby DevonST » 15 Apr 2018, 12:27

I’ve made a new level. This one might be harder than any level you played so far. The level features the highly underused blue platforms. It’s a sky level with just a few badguys but with really hard jumps.

Take care
DevonST
Attachments
Thumbnail Level3.jpeg
level3.stl.zip
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST

Re: Hard Platforming Level

Postby manuel » 16 Apr 2018, 11:42

Finally made it! :D
To be honest: I had to add some additional checkpoints, so that I was able to save after every difficult part. The main problem of the level is, that you'll run out of coins almost certainly. After this happened to me at the melting obstacle, I additionally added a shortcut door from the beginning of the level to this place. Say whatever you want, but I think it is hard enough to beat the obstacles, so I count my attempts as finished :p .
The design of the level is simple, but well made and the obstacles are really creative. Well done! With the additional checkpoints it also didn't get too frustrating and I spent 1-2 hours, only doing this "one last try" until I finally "beat" it.
manuel

Re: Hard Platforming Level

Postby the shapeshifter » 18 Apr 2018, 20:48

i also managed to pass the level. without modifying it. it took me like 30 min. the hardest part was the first timing jump which took me most of the time before the first checkpoint. about 20 tries for the melting part and about another 20 for the last part. i tried to record a speed run but after another 25 min i gave up. nailing almost everything and failing 1 jump was too much for me. (i had to restart for each speed run so i gave up)
the shapeshifter