Tilemaps and paths

Tilemaps and paths

Postby darkhog » 15 Feb 2018, 00:26

Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to use moving path for tilemaps (layers)? If so, why the option of moving on path is even there?

Here's what I'm trying to do: I want part of a map to bounce up/down (as in, icebergs in water). My conclusion is that map layers/tilemaps just can't move on path despite option being there for whatever reason (tried different settings, including not making layer solid and changing Z-order (initially it shared Z with the main solid tilemap, 0 and I've though Z conflict might have something to do with it).

The only thing that comes to my mind is that it could be activated by a script, but I don't know a right call.

If it' not possible to make moving via script, then I dunno whether it's a bug, unimplemented feature or oversight in making path option available in the first place.
darkhog

Re: Tilemaps and paths

Postby manuel » 15 Feb 2018, 09:27

It's a feature to move tilemaps. You can use the same script commands as for moving platforms:
<Tilemapname>.goto_node(<number>);
<Tilemapname>.start_moving();
<Tilemapname>.stop_moving();
I don't know if there are any problems when two tilemaps have the same layer, just try it out.
manuel

Postby mteufel » 15 Feb 2018, 11:58

Addition: If you want to have the tilemap move all the time, use an init-script for the sector.
SuperTux developer
mteufel

Postby darkhog » 15 Feb 2018, 13:06

I know. Thanks for the hint. Do you have any link to the most complete version of the scripting API reference that exists? So I can stop asking such noob questions.

//edit: Found the reference in the other thread and I wish every thing that could be moved on paths had "start moving" checkbox like platform has so such thing wouldn't be needed.
darkhog