Some challenges and puzzles

Some challenges and puzzles

Postby SuperTux_player » 26 Feb 2024, 08:55

In the first level, you have to take advantage of being big or small, and maneuver through thin tunnels. The part with cannons is particularly difficult; you have to tap the jump button very briefly.

The second level is pretty short, and is more of a puzzle. The first half of the level is just fun bouncing and flying, which you get to do several times, as you're expected to die while figuring out the second half.

In the third level, you have to double-jump using Iceblocks. I thought about triple-jumping using two Iceblocks at once, but I haven't been able to do that (if it's possible at all), so I haven't incorporated it into the level.

I also have ideas for a fourth and a fifth level. Be patient.

(Can someone confirm that I've uploaded these correctly?)

Claustrophobia.zip
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Diving_through_the_air.zip
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

A_couple_of_ice_cubes.zip
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

A_couple_of_ice_cubes_(hard).zip
(3.72 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Last edited by SuperTux_player on 25 Mar 2024, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTux_player

Re: Some challenges and puzzles

Postby SuperTux_player » 28 Feb 2024, 22:53

I tried this level (before watching the videos) and learned a new technique, which opened up some possibilities in my own level, making one part easier. So I tweaked a few tiles and re-uploaded it. Another part I didn't change, because the intended way to do it is about as easy as the new way. You have options.

The technique is:
Start running with an Iceblock, then jump and throw it upward at exactly the same time, so that it bounces off the wall at just the right place for you to step on it. This allows you to go both far and high. Previously, I would throw the Iceblock sideways rather than upward, so if I started far from the wall then it would fall down before I could reach it.
SuperTux_player

Postby SuperTux_player » 25 Mar 2024, 23:14

Some parts of the ice cube level seemed too easy or empty. So I added more enemies, and removed some patches of wall-jump snow. (The Smartblock below the second checkpoint, which was previously a red herring, is now necessary to reach the checkpoint.) Then the middle section of the level was too hard for its length, so I shortened it a bit.

I'll leave the easier version there, since a number of people have already downloaded it, and there's nothing really wrong with it. In fact you'd better play that version before the hard version, to get familiar with the layout of the level and the feats you're expected to perform.

I've started making the fourth level. But I'll try to spend more time (compared to the second and third levels) working on it before uploading it.
SuperTux_player

Postby Good13 » 27 Mar 2024, 05:46

I Think it is good
Good13

Postby SuperTux_player » 28 Mar 2024, 23:59

By the way, this is for version 0.6.3.
SuperTux_player