[Add-On] "Super Tux Bros." by IggyHopXD

[Add-On] "Super Tux Bros." by IggyHopXD

Postby IggyHopXD » 01 Mar 2023, 01:41

Hello everyone! I am IggyHopXD, a very big fan of SuperTux since quite a long time ago, and now I'm glad to be part of this forum as well!

So, this is a post made to present a SuperTux add-on/level collection that I've actually finished and published almost a month ago to my YouTube channel after 2+ years of work, but I hadn't posted here yet.

This is Super Tux Bros., a level collection that aims to "remix" the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES into the SuperTux engine. The collection consists of 32 levels which are heavily inspired by the layouts of the original SMB ones, but with unique decorations and mechanics from SuperTux to make it a more unique experience.
The story is the same as usual: Nolok has once again captured Penny, and Tux's duty is to find their hiding spot and rescue Penny, while avoiding Nolok's traps and minions on the way there. Can Tux find his way through this strangely nostalgic, yet seemingly unknown land? It is now your time to hop into action and help him get there. Good luck on this adventure!

Down here you will find the Add-On's .zip file so you can put it into your SuperTux (note: I am not sure if this also works on more recent Nightly versions, since I made and tested the levels on version 0.6.3 only, so make sure to use 0.6.3 if you want to play it), and once you're done, you can play the collection freely! If you have any feedback or questions, make sure to post them in the comments of this post, and if you need some help with getting through the levels, finding a secret, or you're interested on seeing what my thought process was during the creation of the collection, next up you can find a link to a video walkthrough I made myself which includes creator commentary for those interested. Thank you for playing, and I hope you have fun! :)

Video walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXBID801o70

UPDATE September 14th, 2023: I have updated this Add-On. See attached .txt file for a full list of changes.
Attachments
supertuxbros v1.1 changelog.txt
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Super Tux Bros.zip
(155.31 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by IggyHopXD on 15 Sep 2023, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
IggyHopXD

Re: [Add-On] "Super Tux Bros." by IggyHopXD

Postby TuxFanMallo » 02 Mar 2023, 02:03

Pretty good world! I like the worldmap. :cool:
YA-HOOOOoo!
TuxFanMallo