START HERE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBzDQDFvYo

000  START.png
adventure

sequel follows !!
Oliver_Buo

Re: creat you own Adventure

Postby dulsi » 11 Apr 2021, 00:29

If you are going to do something like this you need to make the choices interesting. Choosing left or right without any information about what is in either direction is not interesting.
dulsi

Postby Oliver_Buo » 11 Apr 2021, 10:07

Wie soll das funktionieren oder machbar sein?
Finden Sie heraus, was Sie links oder rechts erwartet, indem Sie auf das folgende Video klicken.

How should this work or be feasible?
Find out what to expect left or right by clicking the video below.
Oliver_Buo

Postby dulsi » 11 Apr 2021, 15:47

If you look at a choose your own adventure book, it generally doesn't say "There is a door on the left and a door on the right. If you go left turn to page X. If you go right turn to page Y." Instead it might say "Smoke is slowly seeping through a door on the left. A whirring noise can be heard from a door on the right. If you go left turn to page X. If you go right turn to page Y." Now the reader has some information on which to base his choice. The reader might think the room on the left is on fire and go to right or maybe you heard a rumor of a mechanical creature and decide avoiding the whirring noise is more important. How you implement that is up to you. Frankly I'm not certain you can use SuperTux engine to create a compelling story like this but if you figure out a way that's great.
dulsi

Postby Oliver_Buo » 14 Apr 2021, 16:38

yes probably difficult to implement with utube ..... each video sequence must be 25 sec. be.
I just wanted to do something different ... but it quickly becomes very time-consuming. So I hope that you like it anyway or someone else can inspire something similar to ask.
thanks
Oliver_Buo