New World and levels

New World and levels

Postby jessicadamien » 29 May 2020, 21:03

This is the first time I'm contributing a world for Supertux, so I hope this works.
Attachments
Jesse_s_Whirlwind_Island.zip
(216.4 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
jessicadamien

Re: New World and levels

Postby Oliver_Buo » 30 May 2020, 15:44

Sorry but I don't find the levels so attractive to play.
Sometimes they are too difficult.
Try to make more attractive levels and a little easier then that will work ... Good luck.
Oliver_Buo

Postby DevonST » 30 May 2020, 16:52

Your zip file does not follow the addon structure explained in https://github.com/SuperTux/supertux/wi ... ing-levels Here is a modified zip for you that you can simply drop in your addons folder.
Attachments
Jesse_s_Whirlwind_Island.zip
(200.77 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST

Postby DevonST » 30 May 2020, 18:41

The first levels were mostly enemy spam but the levels kept getting better as I progressed through the world. Some advice: Use less moving platforms. Waiting on them is simply not fun. And they become a real problem if you accidentally miss your ride. Try to use music that fits to the level. I liked some of your secret areas but not the ones you fall into. Avoid using invisible tiles or tiles in front of Tux. Do not change the sprites of enemies.

Value quality over quantity. There were some repeating elements in your courses that drag on the world. Some elements were clearly just experiments with the level editor. They do not belong in a finished world. This does not mean of course that unusual levels cannot be fun.
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST