Pengaelic Pack

Pengaelic Pack

Postby SuperTux20 » 10 Dec 2019, 19:32

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I made a level pack, I hope you all like it! I suppose it could be considered incomplete, there's two "bonus" levels I removed from the world map that I don't know how to delete yet. :|
pengaelicpack.zip (I updated it! Scroll down a bit)
Last edited by SuperTux20 on 21 Dec 2019, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
They don't call me Chickenmeister for nothing, bub.
SuperTux20

Re: Pengaelic Pack

Postby isetome » 14 Dec 2019, 17:39

Hi!
I tried addding it to the game the way i usually do, by adding the folder to my supertux2/levels folder, but it ubuntu says the file is unreadable, and it does not show in the game :(
I hope we can figure out what is wrong because i was really happy about having a new world map!
isetome

Postby DevonST » 15 Dec 2019, 12:42

There is nothing wrong with the level files. It works just fine. However, if there is one thing you can improve from a level design perspective, it certainly is enemy spam. It’s especially bad when you respawn from the checkpoint in the first level. I really like the versatile themes of your levels, though. Note that levels with a very small width look cropped on screens with a higher resolution than yours. To make scrolling text for the intro or outro of your worldmap try https://github.com/Ordoviz/wiki/blob/ma ... your-story
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST

Postby isetome » 15 Dec 2019, 20:37

DevonST {l Wrote}:There is nothing wrong with the level files. It works just fine. However, if there is one thing you can improve from a level design perspective, it certainly is enemy spam. It’s especially bad when you respawn from the checkpoint in the first level. I really like the versatile themes of your levels, though. Note that levels with a very small width look cropped on screens with a higher resolution than yours. To make scrolling text for the intro or outro of your worldmap try https://github.com/Ordoviz/wiki/blob/ma ... your-story

How did you go about installing the world? Maybe i'm doing something wrong

UPDATE:
I solved it, it was a problem with permissions (:
isetome

Postby SuperTux20 » 20 Dec 2019, 04:28

Alright, I've updated it! I fixed the unsafe 1-1 checkpoint (you now have a decent amount of time to get out of the way) and tweaked a couple of things. I also made the intro and outro better and fixed the 40x25 levels so that in theory, they'll fit other aspect ratios and sizes. If there's anything I missed, please let me know! :)

Thanks for that link, DevonST!
Attachments
pengaelicpack.zip
Updated version, "1.1" if you will.
(56.97 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
They don't call me Chickenmeister for nothing, bub.
SuperTux20