[Troll] DGR's Axiom of Choiche

[Troll] DGR's Axiom of Choiche

Postby divVerent » 18 Nov 2019, 06:05

A massive troll level, full of trolls and nastiness for SuperTux 0.6.0, even with multiple antisoftlocks.

Preview videos:

For most effective trolling, set options/magnification to match the video, i.e. so that the settings dialog begins to overlap with the text. Most trolls don't require that though.

Download here and put in the addons/ directory. The third level in the addon is this one.

Beware, the level is hard (but I intentionally put in a skip for the hard part of the beginning... which by itself is hard in a different way, so everyone gets a second chance). The video shows how to beat the hard part though, after that the required skill level goes down, and there is a checkpoint shortly after.

Also I am aware of one other skip/cheese that can only be used once, and one skip that's really hard to pull off but useful for speedrunning this - if anyone ever would want to ;)

"Enjoy"!
Last edited by divVerent on 18 Nov 2019, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
divVerent

Re: [Troll] DGR's Axiom of Choiche

Postby Nickerson Romero » 18 Nov 2019, 13:43

cool :D
Nickerson Romero

Postby flan » 28 Dec 2019, 04:09

I guess this is the closest I'm gonna get to playing GPW. :D
flan

Postby divVerent » 28 Dec 2019, 04:49

Giving away the aforementioned skip/cheese now:

Before the second checkpoint, there's a spike maze where you get an invincibility star. If you're quick, go through the door to the third sector (room with two question mark blocks and checkpoint in between), then do two big leaps to the right through the spikes cage to skip the bomb part.

As you can't go back from the checkpoint, this skip can only be used when NOT spawning from the second checkpoint.

This skips the powerup troll, the bomb troll, is a big time save, and you almost can't die after this part and before the next checkpoint, so skipping the second checkpoint this way isn't a major risk.
divVerent