Level: Noloks Mega Castle (Version: 1.2)

Level: Noloks Mega Castle (Version: 1.2)

Postby KalocoHD » 02 Apr 2019, 15:58

After a week working i finished this mega Level.
Sometimes it might be difficult, but I think maybe you can win. :twisted:
Have fun with it! :D
Attachments
level1.zip
(9.72 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
screenshot000013.png
screenshot000012.png
screenshot000011.png
Last edited by KalocoHD on 09 Apr 2019, 17:59, edited 2 times in total.
KalocoHD

Re: Level: Noloks Mega Castle

Postby Andet » 08 Apr 2019, 02:06

Very good level! :D

Despite how long it is, you kept it interesting and visually interesting throughout. And it is quite challenging! A few minor things:

I would change the part after the first checkpoint with the elevator. I would give the elevator a little more natural movement.
I'm a bit uneasy about the part after that where you have to jump on the enemies. It's a bit weird that you have to die if you fail, but that might just be me.
The section with all the enemies after you jump out of the castle is a bit repetitive. Maybe add some kind of variance.

But I am not a level designer, so feel free not to take these suggestions of course! ;)

This would make a good final castle level if you fought Nolok at the end!

Seriously though, nice job! :)
Andet

Postby KalocoHD » 08 Apr 2019, 22:36

Thanks for the comment i will change a few things and reupload it. Also i will tell you in the comments if the newest version of this Level is online. :)
KalocoHD

Postby KalocoHD » 09 Apr 2019, 17:55

Hey Guys. The newest version of my level is finish and you can now download it. I made in this new version a few changes and a bossbattle - Is the Boss Nolok? :cool:
KalocoHD

Re: Level: Noloks Mega Castle (Version: 1.2)

Postby Andet » 12 Apr 2019, 21:34

Good improvements :) ! It's nice that you added a boss and even put Penny at the end. Is there a way to beat the level though? I couldn't figure out a way to save Penny. I had the idea to break the blocks at the end so Nolok would fall in the lava, but he walked on the air! Also, is he supposed to be walking backwards? :p
Andet

Postby KalocoHD » 13 Apr 2019, 05:31

@Andet: The end of the level where Nolok falls into the lava is solved correctly. If you have some kind of improvement idea, you are always welcome to share it so I can make a better level :D
KalocoHD

Postby manuel » 14 May 2019, 12:15

It is a great level. Like Andet already said, the level doesn't get boring despite its length.

A more detailed description sector by sector:
Sector main: Its great. That's all :)
Sector Tower (part 1 "Upwards"): I really liked the jumps with the spring and the iceballs, as well as the ladder jumps. I *personally* don't like the part with the moving platform, because in my opinion those are always too random. But objectively, the tower is a made well.
Sector Tower (part 2 "Downwards and across"): This part is in my opinion the worst part of the level. You don't really know where to jump to and the enemies at the bottom are too repetitive.
Sector Factory: This is a nice little parcour challenge. I don't know if it is just my laptop, but the background is flickering like crazy when you move. Despite from this, I really enjoyed this sector. A little bonus tip for the factory spikes: I use the invisible walls from the "Ambient" objects tab, to make the bottom half of the spikes solid. You will still get hurt, but you don't fall this much into the tile, as the bottom half clearly should be solid.
Sector Room: Nice secrets :) . And this is a really good area from a storytelling point of view: The player gets a short break before the final battle starts. Well done!
Sector Nolok: This is actually the most unique boss fight I have ever seen in a SuperTux level!!! The only criticism I have is, that I didn't understand how to win this fight. I went to the end of the level and didn't know what to do. I had to look up the solution here in the forums. But I cannot say it enough: A really, really, really good boss fight. I'm impressed!
manuel

Postby KalocoHD » 19 Oct 2019, 22:29

@manuel: Thank you for your feedback. I changed Nolok to an Angry Stone and so he must fall out of map to die. At the end there is a part where Nolok must fall down.
Tip: You should always be in the near of him, so he keeps following you. :)
KalocoHD

Postby theXman63 » 14 Feb 2020, 03:34

Could this be the new castle of nolok, where Tux has to go back to antartica to resuce penny for a 2nd time? :?
theXman63

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 14 Feb 2020, 04:15

theXman63 {l Wrote}:Could this be the new castle of nolok, where Tux has to go back to antartica to resuce penny for a 2nd time? :?

No.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Busybody43 » 14 Feb 2020, 20:42

... It's still a really good level, though...
... Holy... Crap...
Please... Make... More... Levels...
Busybody43

Postby theXman63 » 15 Feb 2020, 04:57

WeLuvGoatz {l Wrote}:
theXman63 {l Wrote}:Could this be the new castle of nolok, where Tux has to go back to antartica to resuce penny for a 2nd time? :?

No.

wah? How could you say no? it could be an official level soon...
theXman63

Re: theXman63

Postby KalocoHD » 17 Feb 2020, 18:27

Well I have nothing against it. But if there are plans, nobody should ruin it. :D
KalocoHD