Mini, level's images previews

Mini, level's images previews

Postby SuperTuxFan SalomonD » 03 Nov 2021, 23:30

To see that i'm not lying, here are some images of the progress i am on levels of my forest world.
(Please, be patient, i am making it)
1.PNG
Shocking Level

2.PNG
Ancient Ruins Level
2.PNG (91.85 KiB) Viewed 3667 times

3.PNG
Tux The Builder Level
3.PNG (131.79 KiB) Viewed 3667 times

4.PNG
What is happening Cutscene
4.PNG (171.03 KiB) Viewed 3667 times

5.PNG
Ghost Tree Level

PD: If you think that levels are like Story mode, it's because i'm inspired on it.
Sign,
SuperTuxFan
SuperTuxFan SalomonD

Re: Mini, level's images previews

Postby jude brownson » 04 Nov 2021, 00:33

How long do you think it would take till you release the forest?
jude brownson

Postby SuperTuxFan SalomonD » 28 Nov 2021, 19:16

Hi Jude Brownson

The world i will release when i'm done with all levels, but i'm trying to release before end of year.
Sign,
SuperTuxFan
SuperTuxFan SalomonD

Postby Laksh » 29 Nov 2021, 04:51

u,need a better image from the intrent
I make my supertux worlds in nighty builds of supertux
any world without nighty builds of supertux is like it lack details for me
(note: I have a github account)
Laksh

Re: Laksh

Postby SuperTuxFan SalomonD » 29 Nov 2021, 13:29

Well, i'm not going to spoiler too much the world.
It's like a proof that i am doing the world
Sign,
SuperTuxFan
SuperTuxFan SalomonD

Postby AllyTheOcelot » 08 Dec 2021, 14:39

Everything you've shown here is a direct copy from story mode. Just claiming "im inspired by forest its not actually the same" is a meaningless phrase because, No. You were not inspired. You used the select tool for every single thing here to copy paste the levels into your own possession, claimed it as your own creation, and then come to the forums to brag about it. Either that or you copied the .stl files directly.

You aren't fooling anyone. I've talked about you stealing "Tower of ghosts" before by daniel with some other experienced level designers, and we are pretty confident you are plagiarising. Please note that plagiarism can genuinely land you in a lot of trouble, especially in academia. While of course this is supertux, and not some federal crime by any means, it is certainly pathetic.
Mewo
AllyTheOcelot
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Nickerson Romero » 08 Dec 2021, 20:59

yeah
Nickerson Romero

Re: AllyTheOcelot

Postby SuperTuxFan SalomonD » 10 Dec 2021, 13:33

Hello ally, i view your message and i want to say that i apoligeze for that, but yes, can that im not so inspired by forest, and the plagiarising is very bad, but i want to say.

No, i don't REALLY ALL the level of story mode and certainly the same thing, and that i claim by my own, just i want to say. ¿When i said that i steal something and i say that is mine? (The level of Ghostly Tower is mine, nevertheless, Tower Of Ghosts is another level and that is the beggining of my level, i cant resist, the level is really good) and worst, im not trying to brag it, and not copy the .stl files directly, all im trying to say is to show image's of future levels that can come.

The other thing, that yes that i say, can i was not SO inspired of the forest, but i'm trying to put a part that is not related to the story mode, but i cant, i dont have ideas to put something on the level, so i see the story mode and that give's me some "Ideas". Appart one thing that i want to say is that i want to be a good SuperTux level creator guiding me on the levels of other experienced ST Creators.

The last thing that im going to say that im not sure, that you are saying that, but you didn't see the complete levels. But well, that doesn't matter

I Really sorry all for that... :cry:

Sign,
SuperTuxFan
Sign,
SuperTuxFan
SuperTuxFan SalomonD

Postby AllyTheOcelot » 10 Dec 2021, 21:14

This is a fragmented and awful ramble for an apology. Tower of ghosts, the level you copied from, the first cutscene when you enter is exactly the same. The ending cutscene is exactly the same, the lamp puzzle, the same. The entire ground floor of the level is the same. Later in the stage, elements of the stage are copied and moved to different positions of the stage. Do you know what the definition of plagiarism is? It's taking things other people have made, and adjusting it slightly to make it look like your own. That is exactly what you have done here. The only bits of original gameplay in 'Ghostly Tower' that you made are dwarfed by how much stuff is a relic from the old level, just in different positions of the stage. The style of screenshots you gave before you released the level, which you've done the same for above, is conveniently small enough so that no one can point out the blatant parallel to story mode, and how barely anything is changed. In your icy island world "SuperTuxFan Ice World" you even steal the two cutscenes from story - you only change like 2 or 3 features with the terrain then called it a day. Like what do you honestly think you are "learning" from this?

If you want a good SuperTux level creator to "guide" you, copying a level is fine, and changing it is fine - but you CANNOT claim SOLE responsibility for creating it. That's exactly what you've done. You've taken the stage, changed it slightly, and only listed your name under the Author of the stage.

What I find even more ignorant is the 1st
scumbag.png
screenshot, is that you claim here that people shouldn't take levels and post it as their own. Ain't that a bit ironic? So here you are, stealing things, and saying its yours.

Like, examples of you taking stuff is seen in in your ice world here where you just copy the entire cutscene structure
s2.PNG
and again, you put the author as yourself. See here how the lines of text are just rearranged slightly. Like, to me, this is really comical because you've somehow made everything you've stolen worse, and plastered your name all over it as if it was something good. I dont get it.

You say you want to be guided on how to make levels. Being guided is not stealing stuff like this (there are more examples which I can provide) and then plastering your name on it. Being guided is learning from a level, making your own from scratch, and seeing if you can make something original and fun. Being addicted to plagiarising like this by re-arranging background features, modifying the terrain slightly, small enemy positions, all while the bulk of the level is still the same, is not original level design. It's also the wrong way to learn how to make levels. You're not learning how these features work, you're just learning how to steal things and change them. Making levels is about making something original with an original idea, mechanic, and trying to use it. I get not everything has to be original, but being unoriginal doesn't mean plagiarising - it doesn't mean directly copying something and twisting it, just making something from scratch that sorta happens to be generic.

I hope you stop claiming awful remakes of stages as "yours" like tower of ghosts. You know what you did, and believe me, its too obvious. If you actually want to learn how to design levels, I'm not going to bother giving you advice for it. You're not worth it.
Mewo
AllyTheOcelot
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Julius » 12 Dec 2021, 20:16

The good thing with open-source is that everyone is encouraged to build upon other peoples' work. Even slight modifications can be ok if they are contributed back to the community. But it is not ok to lie about who made it!

So next time, please be open about what your sources are and give credit where credit is due.
Julius
Community Moderator