More graphical improvements done for ReTux

More graphical improvements done for ReTux

Postby onpon4 » 28 Dec 2015, 15:58

I have uploaded an archive containing all of ReTux's graphics. Some of them are just straight from SuperTux, some of them are from other sources, and some of them are custom or improved from SuperTux's graphics:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releas ... ics.tar.gz (Alternative link)

Of course, it's the graphical improvements that could be useful for SuperTux. Here is a list of those:

- The run animation for Tux, found in images/objects/tux. I already made a topic about this before, and these sprites haven't changed since then, but those sprites are here as well.
- An animation of the ice bullet breaking: images/misc/ice_bullet_break-strip5.png
- A crate shard sprite: images/objects/bonus/brick_shard.png
- The flying spiky, found in images/objects/enemies. This was made by combining the Snowjumpy sprite with the flying snowball's propeller.
- A more elaborate door setup, found under images/objects/misc. This is used to make the door close over Tux (rather than just open and teleport him to the destination like in SuperTux).
- A new rusty spring animation, found under images/objects/spring.
- Fixes to bad tiling in the snow and castle tilesets, found under images/tiles. (The castle tileset used by ReTux is one that, as far as I can tell, is not actually used by SuperTux, but it's where that tileset comes from.)

That concludes that, because I believe ReTux's graphics are now where I want them to be. I hope the SuperTux project finds some of these improvements useful. :)
onpon4

Re: More graphical improvements done for ReTux

Postby Alzter » 23 Sep 2016, 04:07

The running animation is ok... but a little choppy. Tux's body keeps gittering back and forth!
He should stay leaning forward, not move forward and back continuously! I was thinking of animating my take on the run...
Alzter