Remastered First 3 Levels & Menu

Remastered First 3 Levels & Menu

Postby autofly17 » 09 Apr 2023, 01:20

Recently found out people are still working on this game, which is fantastic! I noticed the new tiles corrupted some of the levels, so I decided to take this as an opportunity to refurnish and give them a new look, along with incorporating some of the new gameplay features. I don't know if you guys' already have the fixed levels yet but nevertheless, I've edited the first 3 levels "Welcome to Antarctica", "The Journey Begins" and "The Somewhat Smaller Bath", along with the menu level.

Showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZtKr8xlT8
(I was using Nightly 2023-04-06 15:47)

I've also attached the level files below if you want to check them out!

I'm happy for any criticism, but I'm specifically looking for opinions on things such as:
    1. Would it look better with the parallax backgrounds? I erased them because the tiles for them were missing, and they seemed awkward to work with anyway.
    2. How does the broken-up terrain look, better or worse? I feel like it makes the landscape feel more glacier-like.
    3. I used the bead-like background tiles for the water regions as they seemed to blend in nice, although I'm not sure what they are supposed to be used for.
    4. What about the crystals inside the holes? I can't decide if they fit well or not.
    5. Anything about the other details, like the wooden parts between gaps.
Attachments
Remastered_Levels.zip
Place contents inside supertux2/levels to access them in the Level Editor.
(34.21 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
autofly17