New (hopeful!) Contributor

New (hopeful!) Contributor

Postby The_Whim » 30 Dec 2021, 00:28

Hello all,

My name is Ezekiel DeBoest. I have been playing Supertux for many years and thought it would be really cool to contribute to the development of the game. I don't have much skill in computer programming, but I love composing, producing and mastering music of all sorts and enjoy level design. I know that this game receives level submissions by the dozens upon dozens and probably doesn't really need more level designers, so probably the best place for me to contribute would be in the music department?

Attached is a few samples of my work, none of these are completed pieces (other than STFanfare), just little snippets so you don't have to listen to ten minutes of music. A potential wintery theme, desert theme and victory fanfare
Attachments
White Sands.ogg
Desert theme. not done
(830.11 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
STFanfare.ogg
Potential victory fanfare??
(334.18 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Antarctacular_1.ogg
Potential wintery theme. Needs some mixing and stuff done to it to sound less washed out. Not fully composed either
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
The_Whim

Re: New (hopeful!) Contributor

Postby Tobbi » 11 Jan 2022, 20:52

Hello,

thank you for this! I only just saw your forum post. I usually don't check the forums. If you have discord, please join our server here: https://discord.com/invite/AcvtHWz

Most of the developers are active there.
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator