Using the Editor on Android

Using the Editor on Android

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 28 May 2018, 16:28

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I FOUND REPLACEMENTS FOR THESE THINGS. CHECK OUT MY OTHER POST, "A Quick Guide to Using the Level Editor on Android"!

I don't know if this type of post belongs here, but I will put it here since it is the Supertux General.

If you at least try to use the Level Editor on the Android Port of SuperTux, you can use most basic features, like placing tiles and enemies, and editing existing levels. But here are some of the problems I face using the editor on the Android Port.

One - I cannot figure out how to right-click things. A lot of features need the right-clicking feature in order to work, but I can't seem to get that to work.
Two - The button for "Snap Objects to the Grid" - I don't know how this feature works, but enabling it on the editor does not allow objects to snap to the grid.
Three - I cannot pull up a keyboard. I know most if not all mobile devices nowadays have a built in keyboard, so maybe in a future update, the ability to bring this up would be nice.
Because I cannot find out how to pull up a keyboard, I cannot create a level subset, name levels, and change the script of things.

My current solution for all of this is to use a text editor to edit the .stl files and .stwm files themselves, but I feel like I shouldn't do this. These are just my suggestions for problems I have using the editor on Android, since it is the only device I have that uses SuperTux (or at least the versions with the editor). I hope some people (or I) can find solutions to this, or maybe I can suggest these features for a future update to the Android Port. I know it's not the official port, but it still deserves all the same features as its PC counterparts. I hope you all have a nice day! :) :) :)
Last edited by WeLuvGoatz on 31 May 2018, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Re: Using the Editor on Android

Postby manuel » 28 May 2018, 17:02

To two ;) : When you place a badguy, it will never snap to the grid immediately. You habe to move it first, otherwise it won't be snapped.
manuel

Re: Using the Editor on Android

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 28 May 2018, 21:27

thanks, I never would've figured that out. :P
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator