What happened to the forest world?

What happened to the forest world?

Postby Nitro Ninja » 25 Mar 2018, 05:25

Hi, is there any reason why the Forest World is now separate from the main game? I thought it was nice when the two worlds were attached.
Nitro Ninja

Re: What happened to the forest world?

Postby mteufel » 25 Mar 2018, 09:31

I personally don't know the reason it was done, but it was done a long time ago and there's two major reasons I think could have played a role:

- It's much easier to handle from an internal/code-related perspective
- The forest world is still unfinished ­— mostly from a graphics and level perspective; only now we're working on some improvements (suggestions and feedback welcome!)

If said improvements are done, the worlds will probably be reconnected again.
SuperTux developer
mteufel

Postby Yona-TYT » 23 Jul 2018, 02:24

The legend says that one day the two worlds will connect by a series of subterranean levels or at least that's what I imagine. :p

The current gift package contains the level “Crystal Mine” by RustyBox. It’s the first official level to use the crystal cave tiles and supposed to connect Icy Island with Forest Island in a future release of SuperTux.

I just hope to be alive to see those levels with crystal terrain, that would be very nice. :D :D :D :D

My cordial greetings, and I hope that this project continues wind astern. :heart:

Yona-TYT

Postby w_laenger » 25 Sep 2018, 15:53

I recently played a bit in the forest world, it was far too easy and therefore no fun in my opinion.
Before I played on Incubator Island, there the levels were challenging, I found them interesting.
w_laenger