Addon levels fail to load

Addon levels fail to load

Postby isetome » 26 Jun 2017, 00:20

Hi all
Firstly thanks for keeping supertux alive and awesome!

I have been trying for a while now to get addons to work that are not on the list you normally get to choose from when you first install Supertux2.
The ones i tried to install are: Strangelands by VGN and Oliver's world by Oliver.
I have put the world files in /.local/share/Supertux2/Addons AND in /.local/share/Supertux2 ,where the zip files for all the other addons seemed to reside.
I tried really hard to find some clear instructions on how to install new levels and worlds but so far no luck. It is totally possible that this is the noobiest question ever - but the only way to stop being a noob is by asking questions (:
So if anyone can walk me through the steps or refer me to a place where those steps are already written out i would be super happy!

Thanks a bunch!
isetome

Re: Addon levels fail to load

Postby Tobbi » 28 Jun 2017, 10:54

Hey,

sorry for the delayed reply on this. SuperTux expects add-ons to be in a certain format. Currently, both of the add-ons you mentioned do not adhere to that format (e.g. have no .nfo file). It's on my list to add an "Export as add-on" menu item to the in-game editor.

For now, do the following:
1. Extract the ZIP file.
2. Navigate to the levels directory.
3. Start SuperTux with
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
supertux2 path/to/worldmap.stwm
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator