Scripts Guide

Scripts Guide

Postby cerafi » 07 Jun 2017, 01:30

Hola a toda la comunidad.

I want to know where I can find a resource or guide that tells all you need to know about scripts. I'm a spanish native speaker and hate programming, so if the guide is in a simple english and explains even the small detail, much better for me. Thanks in advance :)
cerafi

Re: Scripts Guide

Postby mteufel » 07 Jun 2017, 10:12

Thanks for your interest in scripting. Sadly, there is currently no easy to understand and up to date resource about that. This is mostly because we're already working very hard on the releases and other stuff, and no one from the community has offered help. We know that this is a problem for people who want to get started with it, and it's a thing on our to do list of course. The currently best resource is to open other levels in the editor that have scripts, and figure out how they work.

However, if you're just starting to design levels, keep one thing in mind: you can create very nice levels even without a single line of script. Just be creative and the best is to read up on our level style guides.
SuperTux developer
mteufel

Postby cerafi » 07 Jun 2017, 19:28

mteufel {l Wrote}:Thanks for your interest in scripting. Sadly, there is currently no easy to understand and up to date resource about that. This is mostly because we're already working very hard on the releases and other stuff, and no one from the community has offered help. We know that this is a problem for people who want to get started with it, and it's a thing on our to do list of course. The currently best resource is to open other levels in the editor that have scripts, and figure out how they work.

However, if you're just starting to design levels, keep one thing in mind: you can create very nice levels even without a single line of script. Just be creative and the best is to read up on our level style guides.

You are right, I'm rushing. When the right time comes I'll look in other levers how to move platforms and the camera.
Thanks again.
cerafi

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 13 Jun 2018, 04:06

I know its been over a year since the last response, but I'd be more than happy to create a scripting tutorial or many. :)
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Tobbi » 13 Jun 2018, 21:22

If you want to help, actually, writing up a Gist on gist.github.com should work... We can then easily transfer this to our own wiki.
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 15 Jun 2018, 19:13

I don' t know how to use Github or Gist so I made a .txt file. This is not final btw. I am also working on an updated enemy guide and object guide.
Attachments
stlet-script.txt
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 29 Sep 2018, 18:45

Just a quick update: The file download above is outdated, I have created a new(er) one on Github at Supertux/wiki repository (Just in case you're coming from DevonST's Editor Guide)
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby DevonST » 30 Sep 2018, 22:39

But it hasn’t been merged yet, or has it? Anyway, I updated the link.
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST