Need help: doors and secret areas

Need help: doors and secret areas

Postby cerafi » 05 Jun 2017, 21:07

Hi to all. Just yesterday I decided to remember my old times playing SuperTux and my surprise was big when I found out that you could create your own levels again. So I started editing and came to the need to put several doors in one of my levels, the question is how to configure then, because I'm changing their properties to how I think they should be linked, but all I get is Tux appearing in the beginning of the level. What do I have to do so that the doors work properly? Also, I want to create a secret area that looks like a solid wall but that dissapears and reveals the hidden passage when Tux interactuates with it, how can I do that?

I will really appreciate all your help.
PD: Excuse me for any grammar error, English isn't my native language.
cerafi

Re: Need help: doors and secret areas

Postby mteufel » 07 Jun 2017, 10:17

Similar to what I explained in response to your post about scripting, there is no better documentation for this than to look into other levels where this works.

To get the doors working: create a new spawn point object (a yellow square in the editor) somewhere in the level, and edit its name in the objects. Then, at the door's options, enter exactly that name you gave the spawn point as target.

To get the secret area working, you need to use layers. Layers can be edited and added in the bar at the bottom. However, I don't really know a good way of explaining this now, maybe someone else can help here.

By the way, you do not need to be sorry because English isn't your native language.
SuperTux developer
mteufel

Postby cerafi » 07 Jun 2017, 19:26

mteufel {l Wrote}:Similar to what I explained in response to your post about scripting, there is no better documentation for this than to look into other levels where this works.

To get the doors working: create a new spawn point object (a yellow square in the editor) somewhere in the level, and edit its name in the objects. Then, at the door's options, enter exactly that name you gave the spawn point as target.

To get the secret area working, you need to use layers. Layers can be edited and added in the bar at the bottom. However, I don't really know a good way of explaining this now, maybe someone else can help here.

By the way, you do not need to be sorry because English isn't your native language.

The doors are working, Tobbi helped me via IRC :) . About the secreat area, I'm trying to add a new layer in that bar, but don't know how, I've pressed the right, left button, etc... I already know that you are supposed to cover all the secret area with the new layer (which has to be a proper name), then you must add a secreat area block, you change the options of that blocks, where says fadetilemap you write the name of the layer, then when Tux pass through it, all the layer fades out. I've done that using the predefined layers in the editor and it worked, but it 's better if I add a new one.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll keep learning more while editing.
cerafi

Postby mteufel » 08 Jun 2017, 06:57

You can create a new tilemap by going to the Objects menu, under "Ambient" you'll find the icon for a tilemap, which is the same as the one in the bottom bar. Just click it, then click anywhere in the level and it will create you a new empty tilemap. Edit its options to give it a name, and to choose a good z-index.
SuperTux developer
mteufel

Postby VNS » 09 Jun 2017, 01:16

Recommended z-index above z=50.
Hello there!
VNS

Postby cerafi » 09 Jun 2017, 01:39

Thanks for all your support. I'll follow your advice.
cerafi