Use supertux sprites in my project

Use supertux sprites in my project

Postby BruceBoc » 25 Mar 2017, 18:26

Hello,
Sorry for my approximate English, I'm French. Not being a graphic artist, I would like to use the sprites and sound of supertux game, in order to realize a clone of mario bros (arcade version with 2 players), and burgertime. These games would be available on the playstore and on a website in html5, free and without ads.
The source code would be visible, however the programming software used is not free(App Game Kit on steam).
It is possible, and if so how should I implement the GPL license concretely.

thank you in advance

Bonjour,
Désolé pour mon anglais approximatif, je suis français. N'étant pas graphiste, je souhaiterai utiliser les sprites et sons du jeux supertux, afin de réaliser un clone de mario bros (version arcade à 2 joueurs), et de burgertime. Ces jeux seraient dispo sur le playstore et sur un site web en html5, gratuitements et sans pub.
Le code source serait visible, par contre le logiciel de programmation utilisé est payant (App Game Kit).
Est-ce possible, et si oui comment dois-je mettre en oeuvre la license GPL concrétement.

Merci d'avance
BruceBoc

Re: Use supertux sprites in my project

Postby brmbrmcar » 26 Mar 2017, 11:30

You can use it. You just have to say who it is by and any changes you made, and attach a copy of the GPL. I think they are also in CC BY-SA, which is easier to deal with because you just have to say that they are under CC BY-SA.
brmbrmbrmbrmbrmbrmcar
brmbrmcar

Re: Use supertux sprites in my project

Postby BruceBoc » 26 Mar 2017, 20:40

Thank you, I will be able to continue my project.
BruceBoc