[VOTING CLOSED] Level design contest

[VOTING CLOSED] Level design contest

Postby Tobbi » 20 Nov 2016, 12:40

Hello everyone,

thanks for all the submissions we got during the level design contest, and I am very sorry for only now getting to validating all of them and creating an add-on from them.

I have validated all submissions that we got and created an add-on worldmap with the ones that more or less comply with the level design guidelines. You can download a ready-to-play add-on from this location.

This is how you play the add-on worldmap:
  • Download the attached ZIP file and place it inside the addons directory in your profile folder:
    Linux: ~/.local/share/supertux2/
    Windows: %AppData%/SuperTux/supertux
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/supertux2/
  • Start SuperTux and go to Add-ons. You should find an item 2016 Level Design Contest I Proposals. If it's unchecked, click it once to enable it.
  • Now click Start game and click Contrib Levels. You should find the item 2016 Level Design Contest I Proposals at the top. Click to play it.

After you played all the levels in the worldmap, decide on which you like best.

Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/11692626
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Re: [VOTE NOW] Level design contest

Postby Serano » 20 Nov 2016, 13:54

Quite hard to decide which one is the best... From 24 levels to choose from. But I think I took the right choice. :)
SuperTux Team Member
Serano

Postby fusion809 » 20 Nov 2016, 19:30

Maze 3 I think has a bug. At this point in the game Image you can't seem to go any further, it is impossible to jump onto the next ledge.
fusion809

Postby Tobbi » 20 Nov 2016, 22:10

You need a lot of speed in order to pass it. I play-tested everything and managed to pass it.
Regardless, I should've probably been less lenient and excluded the level for that reason.
Anyway, I'll upload a video of the maneuver shortly.
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby GunChleoc » 22 Nov 2016, 13:17

Maze 3 also has an infoblock at the start with empty text.

Zeroline - background flickers when you move.
GunChleoc

Postby brmbrmcar » 22 Nov 2016, 16:36

That jump is possible by running, jumping, then again but without going forward. It is pretty hard and takes multiple attempts..
brmbrmbrmbrmbrmbrmcar
brmbrmcar

Postby fusion809 » 26 Nov 2016, 07:49

I have now completed all the levels except that Maze 3. It truly is a challenge I must have tried at least 30 times by now. Whenever I make it past that jump I end up dying afterwards and re-spawning at a checkpoint. The problem with that is that those checkpoints are past the big red button you need to press in order to get past the lift near the end of the level, so the respawn checkpoints end up hindering my completion of the level, instead of aiding it.
fusion809

Postby Tobbi » 26 Nov 2016, 14:07

fusion809 {l Wrote}:I have now completed all the levels except that Maze 3. It truly is a challenge I must have tried at least 30 times by now. Whenever I make it past that jump I end up dying afterwards and re-spawning at a checkpoint. The problem with that is that those checkpoints are past the big red button you need to press in order to get past the lift near the end of the level, so the respawn checkpoints end up hindering my completion of the level, instead of aiding it.

Yeah, that level is crazily hard. Anyway, it isn't one of those that will be in Bonus Island IV.
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Re: [VOTING CLOSED] Level design contest

Postby brmbrmcar » 04 Dec 2016, 22:25

Why are there going to be so few levels in Bonus Island 4? They should just be those, with a few fixes (like to that jump).
brmbrmbrmbrmbrmbrmcar
brmbrmcar

Postby Tobbi » 04 Dec 2016, 22:30

We will decide on the levels that are gonna be in the upcoming Bonus Island in a separate discussion.
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby HerobrineRC » 27 Oct 2017, 21:51

Hi!
There's been a while but now i see this bug thing.
It is possible to make it its like in the first level of supertux (Welcome to antarctica) you have to run and jump quickly two times with pressing D or right arrow. If that is too hard for everyone i can change it but i passed that one all the times ;) im happy that actually aomeone played those levels :).
HerobrineRC